What do you charge to blog?

slogerot

Registered
Reaction score
I'm interested in a freelance job writing and editing corporate blogs. The poster asks for salary/pay requirements, and I have no idea how to charge for this. Any tips?

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
The only thing I really charge for my blog is my dignity, so I can't help you. There are a couple corporate bloggers here, though. Hopefully you'll get an answer. I'm curious, too.

razibahmed

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Website
hobbyecon.blogspot.com
slogerot said:
I'm interested in a freelance job writing and editing corporate blogs. The poster asks for salary/pay requirements, and I have no idea how to charge for this. Any tips?
Best thing is to charge per post basis. First get an idea of the length of your blog entries. I do not know about editing.

Stephanie

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.familylifeabroad.com
slogerot said:
I calculate how long I think it'll take to research then write each post (on average) - that way I know if what I'm charging is worth my time.

There are other things to take into consideration as well: ie., if it's a client who sends regular additional work your way, etc.

slogerot

Registered
Reaction score
Cool. So there's really no set guide, huh? I guess I'll see what happens if they offer me the job. Thanks for the info!