Writing Nirvana

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have just made the most amazing discovery -- I can take my laptop out to my backyard, to the deck I built in the ONLY shade we have, and connect to the internet.

So here I sit, lounging in the shade on what will be another 98* day, sipping coffee, laptop in . . . well, lap, and MP3 player tuning away in my ears. And I'm going to write ALL day long ! Actually, all week long, and get this WIP to first draft completion stage.

What's your absolute favorite place to sit and write (when you're given several hours of uninterupted time) ?

If you don't have a Writing Nirvana, what's your idea of where you'd love to sit and create words all day?

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Similar to yours:

I can steal a signal and write/play World of Warcraft from the lanai of my timeshare condo overlooking the beach below, and Molokai in the distance whenever I'm in Maui.

It's goddammned paradise, I tell you.

Cath

The mean one
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.cathsmith.net
**whispers** Starbucks. Sorry. I'm one of those...

When I get a house it will be the front porch, curled up in a hammock-seat thingy, but I'm not quite there yet.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well at least Starbucks has less bird poo !

And there's a carpenter ant in love with my right foot.

allion

Character assassin
Registered
Reaction score
This is why I stay inside. I'm a bug magnet, and I could see my laptop go flying when one of the critters tries to attack me.

Bugs aside, it does sound idyllic out there...

Karen

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
A Starbucks in Los Angeles. Yummy fraps. Ratively quiet. Nice space and large tables. Great vibes. My best day there was about 4000 words in one afternoon.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to buy a laptop someday, perhaps when I get punlished.

I have several stations in my house for my activities.

I have a desk in my living room where I do my writing and my chair where I do my tv viewing and crocheting, then my sewing desk where I do my sewing.

I like my little stations.

Enjoy yours,

Terri

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
writerterri said:
I'm going to buy a laptop someday, perhaps when I get punlished.

I have several stations in my house for my activities.

I have a desk in my living room where I do my writing and my chair where I do my tv viewing and crocheting, then my sewing desk where I do my sewing.

I like my little stations.

Enjoy yours,

Terri

Dork! What's punlished?

deacon

oh, i almost forgot why i came here....MidnightMuse, i have the deck and the shadetree, but i don't have the laptop. i can't bring myself to go to the pen and paper, so i sit in the spare bedroom and sulk. bragger.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, all those Terri's made me dizzy, again.

I WISH I could just curl up under a tree with pen and paper. I can't hold a pen that long :(

Elincoln

Official Daydreamer of AW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lincolnfj.com
1.) Panera Bread @ about 9:00 in the morning. The morning traffic is gone and it's quiet. The employees know me now as the woman who snags the corner booth and types like a maniac.

2.) My couch. More specific: My arm chair and ottoman (current position.) This is usually where I'm at. Easier to keep track of my daughter's comings and goings.

3.) Library. Not quite as comfortable, but I get a lot done without too many interruptions.

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
I usually sit in my delightuflly cramped little room, turn the fan on high 3 inches away from my face, keep the straw from my iced hazelnut coffee plastered to my lips and play buddhist meditation music, Niyaz, rock (dir en grey! woot!) or the dresden dolls constantly.
I can keep the BIC method going for hours in that little room. It's freaking great...

I refuse to have internet hooked up to my writing computer (internet is for downstairs only!) because I'm distracted by the wonders of the world wide web far too easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.