Who do you share your soul with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
Do you have someone in your life that you share your innermost being with? This person is the one who knows you inside and out and who you've told your life story to. This person is someone you also know inside and out. Perhaps the two of you have even shared personal secrets, the kind you keep locked away from others. This person would be considered your best friend above all others.

If you do, who is this person? What is your relationship like with them and what do you value most about this person? What do you feel this person values most about you?

Please provide answers beyond the value of trust because trust is a given in a relationship of this nature.

As for me...I do not have one but, I am accepting applications. lol

psy7ven

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
Yes, my girlfriend. She was one of my best friends (not that I have many, I only consider 3 people close friends, her included and I only consider about 5 people friends) for 2 years before we got together and she knows everything there is to know about me. Which sometimes is pretty scary.
What I value most about her is that she's always there for me no matter how stupid I can be. Even though it's really tough at times.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
That would be my husband. He's seen me at my best, and at my absolute worst, and is still there for me. I've known him for almost 20 years and he knows everything about me, now and in the past. Things are sometimes rough, but I expect to be with him til the end, whatever and whenever that might be. I trust him with any secret. I know I can just be myself, say anything, do anything, and he won't judge me more harshly than I deserve (and I him, although I'm far more sensitive than he is).

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
the skeletons in my closet and I get along quite nicely alone. ;)

I'm kidding...I think

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
I don't have anyone like that.

I did. I had a friend like that in the Navy onboard ship. We shared a lot of personal secrets that I've never told anyone else. And he in turn shared his with me.

We were as intimate as two guys can get and still be real manly heterosexual guys.

I miss having that kind friendship where you can say anything without worrying they'll think you're weird.

Actually, I miss just having friends.

(hmm, that was more than I really wanted to reveal.)

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
Neuro said:
My curriculum vita is on the way, with a SASE.

:D

OHH a big lightning strike! I need to log. Be back later before I get struck!

psy7ven

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
My soul is an established transom on the intergalatical datafeed. Every post I make shares a portion of it with all sentient beings.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I have two very close guy friends that know pretty much everything about me and that I can lean on when I need to. And my best friend from high school, who, unfortunately, I don't get to see very often because life has a tendency to interfere. But she's there for me anytime I call.

I have a lot of people I call friends but only those three I would trust with my life.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
psy7ven said:
Neuro said:

:D

OHH a big lightning strike! I need to log. Be back later before I get struck!

psy7ven
That was me. I was in the neighborhood.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I share everything with the voices inside my head, and they sell my stories to the National Enquirer.

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
My husband gets 100% of the past 10 or so years, present and future, but my past before him is 50% off limits.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
My husband of almost 29 years. He asked me to marry him after only four weeks knowing one another. He knows where all the bodies are buried and he now carries my shovel. I value his honesty, his humor, his intelligence, his talent... and the cute way he gets on and off. We have never had an argument. Ours is that relationship others don't believe exists - but it does. He values the same attributes in me, I believe.

I'm still eager to hear the garage door rise, announcing he's home in the evening. He's still eager to come home. I never get tired of his face, his voice or his touch.

I am a very (to the nth power) lucky woman.

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
My husband and I are very close but he and I are also very different from one another. I don't understand him and he doesn't understand me. In our lack of ability to understand each other, we understand each other.

Sounds nutty. I know but, it works for us.

Lady Cat

Registered
Reaction score
Website
randomwriterlythoughts.blogspot.com
My husband and I have the same kind of relationship psy7ven. I think that's why we've stayed married for 28 years!

I share my life (and my birthday) with my best friend. We were born the same number of minutes apart as we were miles apart. We also share a psychic bond that enables us to get in touch when we really need to. Even way back when she moved 11 times in 9 years we never lost touch with each other. We know the skeletons in each other's closets and where the bodies are buried.

KimJo

Outside the box, with the werewolves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
karennacolcroft.com
A year and a few months ago, I was in a bookstore talking to the owner about the YA fantasy series on which I'm working. Some guy with glasses and a ponytail was sitting at the register and said, "I'd like to read that!" I was kind of annoyed, since I hadn't been talking to him, but I happened to have a copy of the manuscript of the first book in my car and I wasn't about to turn down a beta reader.

That encounter introduced me to Chris, the best friend I've ever had. We feel like we've known each other for lifetimes (probably have, LOL). From talking about our writing, we've moved to talking about anything and everything. Chris knows more about me than anyone, even my husband, and he's helped and supported me through a lot in the time we've known each other.

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
I'd have to say it's my boyfriend. Anything that he doesn't know about me is because I don't know it either (there are things about my past that not even I know -sigh- ). I know I can tell him anything without fear, because he'll never make fun of me, or judge me. He'll just try to understand me (because it's ridiculous to say anyone can understand you 100% of the time) and accept me anyway. Recently, he opened up a part of him I didn't know, and I was grateful for it. I know now he feels the same way about me, and that he can trust me with anything.

It's so beautiful, having a relationship like that, where we don't have any arguments because, really, there's nothing to argue about. Whatever differences we have, we sort them out before they turn into big issues or fights. We always try to reach an agreement that benefits us both and we know it will, because we always know what the other is thinking. Sometimes, I'm able to know how he feels or what's happening to him even though I'm in another city ir something.

Like PSG said, "I am a very (to the nth power) lucky woman."

Status
Not open for further replies.