What should I read next (wanna sell a book?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LimeyDawg

Scars are poems too
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I'm looking for the next book to read. I figure that since quite a few here have been published I'd like to read some of your work. If you happen to have a SF/fantasy work in print would you let me know?

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My novel, Empress of Clouds (Behler Publications) is available. It was a nominee for the 2005 Spectrum Award, a Finalist for the 2004 ForeWord Magazine Book of the Year Award, and a Semi-Finalist for the 2005 Independent Publisher IPPY Award.

Gillhoughly

Grumpy writer and editor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Getting blitzed at Gillhoughly's Reef, Haleakaloha
They ain't mine (wish they were) but you can't go wrong with ANYTHING written by Lois McMaster Bujold.

Start with Shards of Honor, Barrayar (a Hugo winner)...

then get on to her Miles Vorkosigan series. (Also full of Hugo winners. I'm thinking the only time she doesn't win a Hugo is when she has no book out that year.)

Adventure, romance, humor, and nail biting suspense with bloody well done characters and story-telling. The only down side is she will spoil you for other works.

On the other hand I learned one bleep of a lot on writing by reading her! :)

james1611

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamessomers.blogspot.com
Mine is going to be available soon

Well It's not here quite yet, but is slated for a November release.

So I guess by the time you're looking again, maybe?

All the info is in my signature. But there's another title coming out soon from my publisher, that's recommended by James Rollins.

Check out Raising the Past by Jeremy Robinson...coming out soon from Breakneck Books. My upcoming title can be found there also: The Chronicle of Soone: Heir to the King.

--James

HConn

Whore for genre
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.harryjconnolly.com
Try The Burning Land by Victoria Strauss, who helps people on this board.

Also THE APOCALYPSE DOOR by Debra Doyle and James D. Macdonald (also an AW pro).

Has Jim C. Hines' book come out yet? Any other AW regulars with books on the market?

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Jackie Kessler (Dragonjax) has one out soon, only in the US though

jchines

Got the hang of it, here
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jimchines.com
Mine doesn't come out until November, alas. (I'm not quite to the point of counting the days, but I'm getting there :) )

The two Bujold books Gillhoughly mentions are available as a single compilation, "Cordelia's Honor." I just read it a few weeks back, and loved it. Gotta go buy the next ones in the series now...

Shweta

Sick and absent
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shwetanarayan.org
Diana Hignutt said:
My novel, Empress of Clouds (Behler Publications) is available. It was a nominee for the 2005 Spectrum Award, a Finalist for the 2004 ForeWord Magazine Book of the Year Award, and a Semi-Finalist for the 2005 Independent Publisher IPPY Award.

I'm reading this right now, and enjoying it. The only thing is, while it clearly does stand alone, it really makes me want to read book 1!

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Shweta said:
I'm reading this right now, and enjoying it. The only thing is, while it clearly does stand alone, it really makes me want to read book 1!

Okay, well since I am (once again) the sole holder of the rights for my 2004 Spectrum Award nominated novel Moonsword (the book 1 Swheta was talking about), and no agents seem interested even in replying to my queries with rejections, any AW member that really wants to read it can. I'll send you a free ebook copy in pdf, if you give me your email addy either in a rep point comment or PM. Fair enough?

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was going to suggest dropping by the fabulously fabulous AW Library, but the Nav-ster beat me to it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.