Status
Not open for further replies.

Eiko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.scifan.de
Hi Folks,

I am looking for sites with photos of particular cemeteries. There is one clear image in my mind, but I don't know where it comes from; perhaps from the TV movie "Streets of San Francisco" from childhood days, but I didn't find anything like it.

What I am looking for is a cemetery with no trees, built on a hill, mostly white stone pillars, very cramped, everything out of rows, warm climate, perhaps dusty, near/in a big city.
I can't explain, but the picture in my mind has an "italian" feeling to it. I looked on websites of Rome, Mexico City, Rio de Janeiro, San Francisco, even Arab and Japanese cemeteries, didn't find the right thing.

Can anyone point me the right direction?

Thanks,
Eiko

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Here's a link to some Gallipoli cemeteries. (from WWI battlefields). I believe many of these are famous photographs. At the bottom of any cemetery page you can scroll to the next one. Maybe the one from your memory is there. Good luck.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A couple of good ones to look at, maybe not what you're looking for, but:

Pere Lachaise cemetery in Paris: Oscar Wilde and Jim Morrison are buried there, among others.

The Jewish cemetery in Prague: ancient. Headstones crammed in like file cards; as the place filled up, new layers were added and the stones lifted and replaced. Haunting to visit; I'll never forget it.

cz03118a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.