PDA

View Full Version : Sports teams

MidnightMuse
07-18-2006, 11:18 PM
Okay, here's a brainstorm for anyone interested. I need two sporting teams - any sport - who will be playing against each other in my current WIP.

The trick is, they ARE their names. For instance, if (in baseball) it was the Tigers vs the Padres, on the field we would have Bengal Tigers playing against balding fat men in brown robes.

I can only think of a few baseball teams, drawing a complete blank on football, and don't know any other sport teams.

Any ideas? Two teams who'd make an interesting match in a literal world?

alleycat
07-18-2006, 11:25 PM
Titans vs. Giants
Bears vs. Colts
Predators vs. Panthers
Packers vs. Brewers! Beer and meat!

We could go on and on . . .

OneTeam OneDream
07-18-2006, 11:25 PM
Okay, here's a brainstorm for anyone interested. I need two sporting teams - any sport - who will be playing against each other in my current WIP.

The trick is, they ARE their names. For instance, if (in baseball) it was the Tigers vs the Padres, on the field we would have Bengal Tigers playing against balding fat men in brown robes.

I can only think of a few baseball teams, drawing a complete blank on football, and don't know any other sport teams.

Any ideas? Two teams who'd make an interesting match in a literal world?

Well of course the Cowboys and the Redskins, but that happened years ago.

How about the Eagles and the Falcons?

The Pirates and the Yankees?

The Marlins and the Devil Rays?

I could go for days.

MidnightMuse
07-18-2006, 11:27 PM
Ooh, Titans vs Giants would work :D

So would Marlins and Devil Rays - both aquatic :)

Super duper, thanks!

alleycat
07-18-2006, 11:30 PM
You can always look up teams by Googling for MLB teams, NHL teams, NBA teams, NFL teams.

And if you use Titans vs. Giants . . . make sure the Titans win! They're right across the street from me now.

MidnightMuse
07-18-2006, 11:33 PM
You can always look up teams by Googling for MLB teams, NHL teams, NBA teams, NFL teams.

And if you use Titans vs. Giants . . . make sure the Titans win! They're right across the street from me now.

Well heck, if they're playing Giants - how could they not win? They're Titans, after all. :D

persiphone_hellecat
08-20-2006, 08:32 AM
The most famous rivalry in sports -- Baseball Yankees vs. Red Sox
or how about college football Army vs Navy

waylander
08-20-2006, 01:55 PM
Manchester United against Real Madrid?

Chelsea against AC Milan?

Jenan Mac
08-20-2006, 06:23 PM
Buccaneers vs....um, somebody? Hard to play football in an eye patch.

Silver King
08-20-2006, 06:39 PM
Buccaneers vs....um, somebody?
The Raiders. Complimentary eye patches for both teams. And of course the Bucs win against them, just like in real life.

Silver King
08-20-2006, 06:55 PM
Also, if you choose hockey, and you need a weather related theme, there's always Lightening vs. Hurricanes.

Soccer Mom
08-22-2006, 11:27 PM
I still like the Cowboys and Redskins. Of course the Boys have to win. This is too muc fun. Eagles and Seahawks? Panthers and Jaguars? Bengals and Lions?

Of course the Titans would win. Even their mascot plays to win :)