Call for submissions - EroticFables.com

• Thread starter Kev-EroticFables.com
  • Start date

Kev-EroticFables.com

We've just started a new erotic writing website, and are looking for submissions. Anything from short story to novel length accepted, as long as you can write. First three stories are "freebies" to help us get some content posted, but then we pay.

Check out the Author pages at www.EroticFables.com for more information. Hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,
Kev

Kev-EroticFables.com

You raise a good point. Being based out of Canada, it seemed simpler for us to offer payment in Canadian dollars. However, given that we are seeing initial interest from numerous countries, using the American dollar for payment would be a more universal system, even though it will cost us a bit extra.

Thanks for the feedback,
Kev

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Unless you are sending the funds in actual dollars it should hardly matter. I would assume paypal or bank deposit? That could be clearer. You mention "mailing" payment and if you are going to send only Canadian personal checks you could save a lot of people a lot of time by putting CANADIANS ONLY at the top of your message.

My computer froze up on the intro movie so it took to attempts to even get to the site.

Last edited:

JanDarby

Registered
Reaction score
FWIW, I really, really hate intro movies to sites, or anything that takes more than 10 seconds to load, and I've read that a lot of surfers hate these intros, and they can completely turn away anyone with dial-up.

I did like the option to skip it, and I immediately took advantage of it.

JD

Kev-EroticFables.com

It's actually very easy to pay in American funds by sending Canadian personal checks (spelled "cheques" in this country, due to French influence). The check issuer just writes "American funds" on the check, and the recipient is paid in American funds. I have done this many times in the past, when buying products not available here.

Regarding intro movies: some people hate them, while others don't. If you like the site, you'll bookmark the "real" home page anyway, so the "skip movie" option won't even be required.

I appreciate all the comments. You're all helping me to build a better site. Now hopefully I'll see some submissions come in.

Thanks!

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
FYI -- I have had that very method of payment totally fail on me, it seems to depend on the specific banks involved--and quite a few writers aren't American either. I recommend looking into paypal. It's free and gives you a broader range of people who can write for you. Of course it still excludes all of Africa, the Philliphines etc.

JulesJones

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.julesjones.com
If it's a site with an intro movie, I will never get the chance to like the site enough to bookmark the "real" page. Because I will just click "back" unless I *already* have a pressing reason to need something on your site.

It sounds as if you have done yourself a favour by at least making it possible to skip the thing, but a site that thinks that an intro movie on the front page is a wonderful idea is a site that wants me to know that it a) cares more about flashy Flash than useful content, b) doesn't care about disabled surfers. That would be me, and a number of people I know.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, duh. I didn't look at the dates and was wondering what you all were seeing that I cannot.

Maryn, who doesn't "date" (groan)