PDA

View Full Version : Girls United

dahmnait
07-18-2006, 08:32 AM
Please, let's keep this one as it was originally intended. Unless of course, Christine just wants to let it die.

Ok, I'm tired of feeling bad about my size. And I know it's that I let people make me feel bad.
But last night I watched Mo'Nique's F.A.T Chance... and I was inspired. Those women were beautiful! All dolled up in great clothes (even lingerie!) and looked great.

So now I'm declaring myself a F.A.T gir - Fabulous And Thick. I'm going to hunt out pretty clothes and treat myself to facials and manicures and look nice all the time.

Who's with me! Who wants to be a F.A.T girl?

dahmnait
07-18-2006, 08:34 AM
See, I don't want to let it die, because I am considered heavy. I have an extra 15 - 20 lbs that won't go away. Yet, I know I am pretty and sexy. And personally I am worth the pretty clothes, facials, manicures, and let's not forget pedicures. It is nice to see clothes that actually flatter a fuller figure rather than hiding it.

SpookyWriter
07-18-2006, 08:38 AM
...Oh my, I didn't realize you were a girl. Hmmm...;)

PeeDee
07-18-2006, 08:58 AM
Spooky and I are all for girls united! We are girls united!

...what?

...oh.....we're not.....no, sorry.

*ahem*

We support united girls!

poetinahat
07-18-2006, 09:00 AM
JeeZUS.

You guys usually wait until, oh, the tenth post before you knock a thread into the gutter.

PeeDee
07-18-2006, 09:00 AM
I've had a long day.

dahmnait
07-18-2006, 09:06 AM
Oh my, I didn't realize you were a girl. Hmmm...;)Girl being a euphemism for woman of course.

PeeDee
07-18-2006, 09:08 AM
Naturally! But Woman power! doesn't have the same ring to it. Neither does I'm a Barbie Woman, living in a Barbie world...

P.H.Delarran
07-18-2006, 09:11 AM
dangit Tammy, don't you know as soon as you post something about a girls' club that all the guys would wander in??
now i think about it though,there's something to be said for a man with manicured hands.
and you're right about clothes. and pedicures. manicures. shoes!
let's go shopping!
wait..nevermind, i'm broke.
but a few curves in soft dressing sure can be sexy.

PeeDee
07-18-2006, 09:13 AM
I'm married, so I don't know if I count as "the guys wandering in."

'm harmless. :)

poetinahat
07-18-2006, 09:21 AM
Dude, how can I put it:

It's sort of like when you were 15 and having your mom drive you to pick up your date. No matter how cool she is, you just can't relax.

Besides, I'm totally jealous of your sombrero.

SpookyWriter
07-18-2006, 09:24 AM
It's sort of like when you were 15 and having your mom drive you to pick up your date. No matter how cool she is, you just can't relax.Unless it was your cousin and you lived in Arkansas then it's okay.

dahmnait
07-18-2006, 09:24 AM
dangit Tammy, don't you know as soon as you post something about a girls' club that all the guys would wander in??Of course, they can't keep away from us. :) And how could I forget the shoes. You need a good pair of shoes to go with the pedicure.

PeeDee
07-18-2006, 09:41 AM
Dude, how can I put it:

It's sort of like when you were 15 and having your mom drive you to pick up your date. No matter how cool she is, you just can't relax.

Besides, I'm totally jealous of your sombrero.

I don't think my mom ever did that. I think that would probably destroy any ability to "put the moves" on your date, however...probably to much relief.

I was relieved. SO many girls threw themselves at me. It was hard and rough.

And I have no idea why I haven't sparked off a sombrero-avatar trend yet. We've had every other flipping trend.

(Sorry. I will not overtly hijack this thread. No I won't.)

DamaNegra
07-18-2006, 09:48 AM
(Sorry. I will not overtly hijack this thread. No I won't.)

You can't resist :) Come on over to the dark side...

Ok, back on topic. Fat girls are sexy. It's taken me literally years to accept myself and my body. I think the best thing has been Arab Dancing. Especially with the teacher I have, she really makes you feel as though you're the sexiest thing in the world. And she's really helped me see myself as a woman, as someone pretty and worthy of feeling that way.

I'm really happy that Christine has discovered that. I had to the hard way, and it's not pretty.

dahmnait
07-18-2006, 09:51 AM
(Sorry. I will not overtly hijack this thread. No I won't.)We can make you an honorary girl if you'd like. ;)

PeeDee
07-18-2006, 09:53 AM
We can make you an honorary girl if you'd like. ;)

That sounds like the thing that hapepns when you hang out wiht a bunch of teenage girls, and you're a teenage guy, and they think it would be funny to put makeup on you and braid your hair, and secretly they all want to date you, and at least two of them leave crying because they're all catfighting quietly behind you, and you dont' know, because you're trying to think of good reasons not to have mascara applied to your face, while at the same time trying to think of all the ways you're going to explain it to the other guys in the band the next morning when you get together to jam.

*ahem*

Not that it happened. Or anything. :)

dahmnait
07-18-2006, 09:56 AM
That sounds like the thing that hapepns when you hang out wiht a bunch of teenage girls, and you're a teenage guy, and they think it would be funny to put makeup on you and braid your hair...Would we do something like that? :2angel:

PeeDee
07-18-2006, 10:00 AM
All girls would. It's encoded into girl-genes. Here I am, years later, not even in a bloody band anymore, and yesterday a girl I work with suddenly asked, out of the blue, if she could braid my hair.

It's like you can't help it... :)

dahmnait
07-18-2006, 10:06 AM
You can't resist :) Come on over to the dark side...

Ok, back on topic. Fat girls are sexy. It's taken me literally years to accept myself and my body. I think the best thing has been Arab Dancing. Especially with the teacher I have, she really makes you feel as though you're the sexiest thing in the world. And she's really helped me see myself as a woman, as someone pretty and worthy of feeling that way.

I'm really happy that Christine has discovered that. I had to the hard way, and it's not pretty.Arabic dancing has to one of the most sensualist ways to dance. It is hard not to feel sexy when you dance.

It's wonderful that you have learned to love who you are at a young age. (And you are a very beautiful young lady. I know, I've seen the pictures.:)) I went through years of eating disorders before figuring it out myself. I still have to be careful. To this day, it is very easy to forget to eat.

The family album sure comes in handy. That is the second time I was able to do that tonight. All these beautiful people here, and I can prove it.

DamaNegra
07-18-2006, 10:21 AM
It's wonderful that you have learned to love who you are at a young age. (And you are a very beautiful young lady. I know, I've seen the pictures.:)) I went through years of eating disorders before figuring it out myself. I still have to be careful. To this day, it is very easy to forget to eat.

I did have my shares of eating disorders before figuring all this out. The first was when I was 13, but it started during vacations when mom could monitor all my meals and she forced me to eat healthy doses. The second was when I was 15 and during school time, so all I had to do was stay at school until late, say I'd already eaten and wake up a little later on the mornings so I wouldn't have time for breakfast. Mom never knew a thing, but my boyfriend helped me understand it was a bad, bad idea and I started eating again.

But now that I think of it, it was all so... pointless. So stupid and superficial I can't believe I fell for all that. I am so much more happy right now it just doesn't make sense anymore.

That's why Billythrilly's comments angered me so much. It's because of people like him that valuable, gorgeous people feel all ugly and unworthy and drag their self-esteem through the dirt. It's just not fair.

PeeDee
07-18-2006, 10:32 AM
I've always thought worrying about one's weight is silly. If you're healthy enough, who cares if you don't weigh 98 pounds? Honest, that's not attractive, that's sickly.

And at least as far as I'm concerned, I'm more likely to be impressed or to stop talking to you based on what you have to say and how you act than because of your waist size, bust size, foot size, hell, nose size.

DamaNegra
07-18-2006, 10:33 AM
I've always thought worrying about one's weight is silly. If you're healthy enough, who cares if you don't weigh 98 pounds? Honest, that's not attractive, that's sickly.

Yeah, too skinny looks almost gross, IMO. I hate it when girls have their bones sticking out everywhere because they're too think.

waist size, bust size, foot size, hell, nose size.

Ha! Don't get me started on foot size!! A little bit more and I'll be a size 11!! (and I'm only like, 5"3' or something)

PeeDee
07-18-2006, 10:35 AM
My point is, s'what? I think girls are way, way too critical of themselves. Mostly, all the girls I am friends with (come to think of it, I have very few friends who are guys) would be really wonderful people if they would just relax.

I realize it is, to a good extent, the fault of men that women worry so much about all this...but I don't think it's entirely men's fault. I don't think it's about fault anyway. I think it's silly.

dahmnait
07-18-2006, 10:50 AM
Mom never knew a thing, but my boyfriend helped me understand it was a bad, bad idea and I started eating again.
Good for him. What a wonderful boyfriend!

Christine N.
07-18-2006, 03:11 PM
I want to take belly dancing! If I had room in my house I'd get a pole and try that too. I've heard both are excellent exercise and fun.

That's what it's about. I don't want an 'excuse' to be heavy, I do my part - eat pretty well, try and exercise when I can (but there doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day for it though!) but this is just me.

I didn't even know the other thread was closed until this morning. Thanks damnait, for sticking to the original intent.

Skinny or heavy, you're as beautiful as you think you are!

Cthulhu
07-18-2006, 05:01 PM
I agree completely with PeeDee. It's not about how you look at all, but about personality. If someone is the most beautiful thing ever and they're a whiny ***** who obsesses about completely superficial things and can't get into a meaningful conversation with me, then I find that person completely and utterly unattractive.

NeuroFizz
07-18-2006, 05:19 PM
I like curves.

Bravo
07-18-2006, 05:48 PM
okay since this a serious thread ill say that i think its the word "Fat" that's the problem here.

women naturally collect fat in certain parts of the body, the hips for example, and can certainly still be healthy b/c of that.

but its that word "fat" that throws ppl off i think. it makes it seem as if the person is actually obese, or has an eating problem.

by far the best thing that a larger (but healthy) woman told me was from the title of a movie: real women have curves.

i think the word "curvy" should be used to describe women who are not overweight, but are at their naturally acceptable BMI.

sorry about the other thread getting carried away, when i came in it didnt seem serious (plus the acronym of F.A.T. seemed like it was kind of fun), so carry on here...

PeeDee
07-18-2006, 07:25 PM
We should go one step further and just use the word "curvacious."

I like the word curvacious. :)

Cthulhu
07-18-2006, 07:26 PM
Is it a real word? Or something you made up during one of your sombrero adventures?

Bmwhtly
07-18-2006, 07:26 PM
I like the word curvacious That or Buxom

dahmnait
07-18-2006, 07:27 PM
I like the word curvacious. :)Now that just sounds curvy. I like it.

PeeDee
07-18-2006, 07:43 PM
Is it a real word? Or something you made up during one of your sombrero adventures?

I don't have sombrero adventures. I'm far too cool for simple sombrero adventures.

It's a real word! Look it up! As a writer, I have a large vocabulary which includes such words as "curvacious."

PeeDee
07-18-2006, 07:43 PM
That or Buxom

Buxom makes me think of frightening fourteen-century women from something like Gone with the Wind or Pride and Prejudice...

Jennybean
07-18-2006, 08:36 PM
You know even though the magazines are full of models and celebrities that are super skinny, most guys I know are always remarking that they think these girls are too thin and they do not find them attractive.

Women also naturally carry extra fat because their bodies need it for childbirth.

If a woman is too thin, she starts to get a flat butt and a smaller chest. If she is way too thin, her body starts to resemble that of an 11 year-old that has not yet gone through puberty.

On my very first date with my now-boyfriend I ordered pasta and he was thrilled. He said women never eat anymore and it makes men uncomfortable to sit and have a meal with them when they are only eating a couple pieces of lettuce.

Weight issues is a big topic with my family right now. My younger sister was carrying maybe an extra 10 pounds more than she wanted. She has restricted her diet so much and has been working out so hard that she has lost about 35 pounds. She looks horrible. She suffered a back injury last week at the gym doing squats with a barbell and fell backwards. She just doesn't have any energy.

I saw a magazine (think it was Star) last week with Victoria Beckham on the front with these sickly skinny legs. That is what my sister's legs now look like. We make people like Victoria Beckham a fashion icon and role model and look what happens. We are not sure what to do to make my sister realize that she just does not look good being so skinny.

Women have such a hard time realizing that guys just don't want us to be that thin!

Bmwhtly
07-18-2006, 08:40 PM
Jennybean raises an interestnig issue. I was over at a film-related message board recently and we were talking about this:

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=19084

Pictures of the London Premiere of Pirates 2. The discussion got heated and verged on the aggressive, the point of contention was this: Is Keira too thin your thoughts please. Is that too thin? or is that just the right side to be attractive?

Cath
07-18-2006, 08:43 PM
Good luck with that, Jenny.

Ok - a question for you curvy girls living in the US. I've just moved over here and I'm having trouble finding clothes to fit. I (just) fit into high street sizes, but it's the shape I'm having a problem with. I have a classic hour-glass figure with a very small waist. All the clothes shops I've found expect bigger women to look pregnant and make clothes that hide the stomach, but I prefer to show off my curves.

Any recommendations for good shops/clothing brands that might actually flatter my figure?

Cath
07-18-2006, 08:45 PM
Pictures of the London Premiere of Pirates 2. The discussion got heated and verged on the aggressive, the point of contention was this: Is Keira too thin your thoughts please. Is that too thin? or is that just the right side to be attractive?

Way too thin. What happened to her? Didn't she used to be curvy?

She seems to have gone the same way as Sarah Michelle Geller - who looked perfectly normal at the start of Buffy, but by the end was just a stick.

Cthulhu
07-18-2006, 08:47 PM
Angel is waaaaaaaaaaay better than Buffy ever was. No doubt.

I honestly didn't pay much attention to Kiera's weight during the movie...or anybody's weight. Except my own because of all the popcorn I was eating.

PeeDee
07-18-2006, 08:48 PM
Good luck with that, Jenny.
Ok - a question for you curvy girls living in the US. I've just moved over here and I'm having trouble finding clothes to fit. I (just) fit into high street sizes, but it's the shape I'm having a problem with. I have a classic hour-glass figure with a very small waist. All the clothes shops I've found expect bigger women to look pregnant and make clothes that hide the stomach, but I prefer to show off my curves.
Any recommendations for good shops/clothing brands that might actually flatter my figure?

It probably doesn't help any, but there's a store in the Mall of America (I can't remember it's name! Arg!) which is more or less a Hot Topic! for women who actually wear sizes. You know, besides size "zero."

PeeDee
07-18-2006, 08:49 PM
Angel is waaaaaaaaaaay better than Buffy ever was. No doubt.

I honestly didn't pay much attention to Kiera's weight during the movie...or anybody's weight. Except my own because of all the popcorn I was eating.

Angel? Better than Buffy? I mean, David Boreanz is cool, but....

....hmph.

I like Sarah Michelle Gellar. She and Freddi Prinz Jr. have stayed happily and quietly married for years. They are both intelligent people who act like it. They impress me more these days than any number of hollywood couples.

Shwebb
07-18-2006, 08:53 PM
This and the previous thread was on my mind this morning as I picked out some pampering stuff for me. Nicer makeup, a pair of capris.

I refuse to feel guilty about it! (That's more the "mom" thing talking, with the guilt. Besides, I bought the kids something, too. And my husband.)

PeeDee
07-18-2006, 08:55 PM
Found it! (http://mallofamerica.com/about_moa_tenant_profile_objectname_Deb_Deb_Plus_N 151.aspx)

They actually have some fairly cool stuff. I think they probably exist outside of MoA, but that's the only one I've ever seen.

Jennybean
07-18-2006, 08:57 PM
Keira Knightly does look quite thin, that's for sure. When she did Bend it Like Beckham a few years ago, she must've been only 17 or so (a guess, she is now 20 I think) she was quite thin then too. I think her metabolism just hasn't slowed down yet. She is still quite young. It was hard to tell her weight in the movie since she was always wearing clothes to hide her shape (and there was that Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom distraction thing going on) I don't think she has ever been curvy, but she will gain some hopefully as she gets a little bit older.

But you look at girls like Lindsay Lohan, Nicole Ritchie. Hilary Duff and the Olsen's, I mean they have all lost weight. Jennifer Aniston used to have a healthy weight to her when she first started in Friends and then became quite sickly looking. I believe Angelina Jolie was the first woman ever to actually lose weight while being pregnant.

At least Lindsay Lohan started to realize that the huge weighloss and the bleached hair kind of made her look like a crackhead (no she was not playing that type of role at the time) and has gone back to some of her curves.

Bmwhtly
07-18-2006, 08:58 PM
yes, but if you look at pics at the bottom of that link, you see she is obviously comfortable with her body (what there is of her body).

PeeDee
07-18-2006, 09:02 PM
To be fair, I think sometimes people just pay too much attention to weight loss. I mean, sometimes it really is natural. Not necessarily in the case of any of the celebrities mentioned above...but then again, maybe it is.

I know that when I'm at my height of busyness (er, like in two months when I'm working a full-time job, writing two novels, and overseeing a comic book mini-series) I tend to lose weight. Since I'm just naturally fairly thin, this tends to mean I get skeletal for a while.

Then there's times like right now, where I'm eating most of the day. (I'm always eating; I'm always hungry; I just burn through it faster when I'm busy) and am therefore putting on weight and looking like a healthy human being.

I've always given certain celebrities some slack. If you're busy -- and some of them are immensely busy -- then yeah, I can see losing weight.

Just a thought... :)

ChunkyC
07-18-2006, 09:03 PM
I gotta tellya, Jenna didn't pick me to help her run this joint because I looked like Biff Buff. I'm probably sixty pounds overweight, but my blood pressure is good and my cholesterol is in the healthy range, and so my doctor merely encourages me to slowly drop the extra pounds because it will have an effect on my health as I grow older.

And that's the problem: our society spends far too much time worrying about outward appearance instead of health. Supermodels aren't healthy. Bodybuilders aren't healthy. Anyone who's ribs could be played like a xylophone isn't healthy.

Just be healthy, and the beautiful person you are will shine through for all to see.

dahmnait
07-18-2006, 09:05 PM

Any recommendations for good shops/clothing brands that might actually flatter my figure?There are some good store/brand tips here (http://www.sugarzine.com/site_11.03/fashion.html). The problem I find is that designers think we are all either stick thin, or round. Stick thin means you wear clothes that show the body, round means you get mumu type clothing with large prints (usually flowers) all over them. There doesn't seem to be an in between. I have a smaller waist (not very small, just smaller :)) and I can't wear some of the clothes in the stores that cater to the larger figure. Yet, my bust requires me to shop in these stores. It is a pain to go shopping sometimes. I actually hate to do it, yet, because of my shape, I can never find what I want in just one store.

NeuroFizz
07-18-2006, 09:38 PM
I gotta tellya, Jenna didn't pick me to help her run this joint because I looked like Biff Buff. I'm probably sixty pounds overweight, but my blood pressure is good and my cholesterol is in the healthy range, and so my doctor merely encourages me to slowly drop the extra pounds because it will have an effect on my health as I grow older.

And that's the problem: our society spends far too much time worrying about outward appearance instead of health. Supermodels aren't healthy. Bodybuilders aren't healthy. Anyone who's ribs could be played like a xylophone isn't healthy.

Just be healthy, and the beautiful person you are will shine through for all to see.
"Healthy" isn't a body shape (anatomy). It's physiology, and it comes in packages with different shapes and sizes.

Christine N.
07-18-2006, 09:43 PM
I'm a Kohl's-a-holic. they have the BEST plus size section - beautiful things with nice lines. 'Cause I like necklines that scoop or V.

And they're always having a sale LOL. But I spend far too much time and money there. Today I wanted a coverup to wear at the beach and to the pool, something better than a holey T-shirt ('cause now I'm F.A.T) and I came out with the cover-up, a new beach bag, a new shirt and a tube of fancy schmancy clay facial mask. Well, I did have a coupon, and the beach bag was 50% off the clearance price, so I got it for.. eighty cents. LOL. Really.

Now I need to find a place that sells great plus size foundation garments. That's one think Kohl's doesn't quite have. I want some pretty underwear!

And Neuro Fizz is now one of my favorite people ever!

dahmnait
07-18-2006, 09:45 PM
Now I need to find a place that sells great plus size foundation garments. That's one think Kohl's doesn't quite have. I want some pretty underwear!Try Lane Bryant.

Anya Smith
07-18-2006, 09:51 PM
I'm with you all. At least until I lose the weight. I've gained about six pound recently due to an ulcer. Nothing fits now... all my nice clothes are useless.:)

Peggy
07-18-2006, 10:23 PM
The problem I find is that designers think we are all either stick thin, or round. Stick thin means you wear clothes that show the body, round means you get mumu type clothing with large prints (usually flowers) all over them. There doesn't seem to be an in between. I have a smaller waist (not very small, just smaller :)) and I can't wear some of the clothes in the stores that cater to the larger figure. Yet, my bust requires me to shop in these stores. It is a pain to go shopping sometimes. I actually hate to do it, yet, because of my shape, I can never find what I want in just one store. Dahmnait, I have the same problem. There seems to be an assumption that all women have a bust x inches bigger than their waist, where x=not enough inches for me. The newer cotton-spandex blends are great, because that little bit of give lets me buy better-fitted blouses. Blouses that hang straight down off my boobs make me feel like I'm wearing a tent - and definitely unsexy.

Maybe the trick is to find out where the silicon-injected shop.

tiny
07-18-2006, 10:30 PM
Pamela Anderson just doesn't worry about her shirts closing over her gynormous boobs. (by the way, she looks great in person and is really, really nice)

Cath
07-18-2006, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the reccomendations Christine, Dahmnait, and PeeDee.

Hubby's going to love you... :D

PeeDee
07-19-2006, 07:36 AM
Pamela Anderson just doesn't worry about her shirts closing over her gynormous boobs. (by the way, she looks great in person and is really, really nice)

And is not only very nice, but is very smart. very intelligent, and very cynical about herself. I like her a great deal, and not for her boobs.

Shwebb
07-19-2006, 07:48 AM
Oh, I hate shopping for shirts!

I'm still nursing, so my bust is bigger than the usual huge. If I get the shirts to fit in the bust, they are still hanging off my shoulders. And the fabric just hangs below the bustline and gets in the way.

We are getting a Kohl's at the nearest larger town, so I'll have to check it out when it opens! Thanks for the tip!

deacon
07-19-2006, 07:54 AM
they have nice things where this lady shops

http://funnypics.fuzegames.net/pics2/anorexicbarbie.jpg

ChaosTitan
07-19-2006, 08:00 AM
Wow, deacon. And I thought I was posting scary things in the "Offensive" thread. That one gets a prize.

Eek.

deacon
07-19-2006, 08:01 AM
Wow, deacon. And I thought I was posting scary things in the "Offensive" thread. That one gets a prize.

Eek.

but thin is so beautiful

ChaosTitan
07-19-2006, 08:02 AM
but thin is so beautiful

That's not thin. That's something out of the Beetlejuice waiting room.

Someone pass the brain soap!

deacon
07-19-2006, 08:05 AM
That's not thin. That's something out of the Beetlejuice waiting room.

Someone pass the brain soap!

LOL i know. i had to go back and look at another pic to cleanse my mind.

Elizabeth Slick
07-19-2006, 09:45 AM
PeeDee, are you a "girly man?"

deacon
07-19-2006, 10:24 AM

yes. yes he is. very much so.

aadams73
07-19-2006, 01:35 PM
Deacon, is that the Lara Flynn Boyle doll? ;)

deacon
07-20-2006, 12:36 AM
Deacon, is that the Lara Flynn Boyle doll? ;)

i am truly sorry to bring this back to the top, but this made me laugh, and needs to be answered... YES.

PeeDee
07-20-2006, 12:38 AM

Are you asking me if I wear dresses?

Because I will beat you up in a manly fashion, if you are.

Hmpf.

Christine N.
07-20-2006, 12:55 AM
I saw some pics of Keira Knigtley today, and I had seen the pics before, of her at the PoC 2 premier.

All I can say is Wow. I could count her ribs. She says she's not anorexic, that it's natural. I guess I believe her, but I don't ever remembering her looking like that. Scary skinny.

Wow. Aol had an interesting thing today... they showed body parts and said "looks like" and then showed you what it was.

"looks like"... a forearm.
"Actually is" Mary Kate Olsen's leg

"looks like" a knee
"Actually is" someone's shoulder.

It was icky!

Cthulhu
07-20-2006, 12:58 AM
Well, I don't know...I'm just ridiculously thin and eat loads. You can count ribs. And my arms and such are rather bony...

Not to the point of being confused with a knee, though...that's just gross.

PeeDee
07-20-2006, 01:20 AM
I'm not bone-thin, but if I stand up properly (i.e., wife says "Would it kill you to straighten up, you'll be a middle-aged hunchback!") you can see my ribs.

Some times, it really is natural.

Christine N.
07-20-2006, 02:10 AM
I totally believe that there are people like that. My dad used to be that way. He's 60 now, so he is getting a little paunchy, but still thin.

But I just don't recall her ever being that thin before. Or that poor Olson girl. Sad.

William Haskins
07-20-2006, 02:14 AM
the savage attacks on the thin in this thread are disgusting.

PeeDee
07-20-2006, 02:16 AM
I'm not thin. I'm little-boned.

aadams73
07-20-2006, 03:00 AM
Wait, you have a little bone?

PeeDee
07-20-2006, 03:44 AM
Wait, you have a little bone?

Yeh, it's called my "spine."

Cthulhu
07-20-2006, 03:46 AM
PeeDee's "vertically challenged".

deacon
07-20-2006, 03:54 AM
the savage attacks on the thin in this thread are disgusting.

thank you!! i posted the picture of my little sister to show that thin girls can buy cute clothes too, and everybody repaid my effort with "ewwwww!" it's hurtful.

Christine N.
07-20-2006, 04:23 AM
LOL. See, that's funny! I get the humor.

Not trying to bash thin people, but point out that there is a point where you can be TOO thin - meaning if you diet to the point of emaciation.

Naturally thin people are just lucky.

PeeDee
07-20-2006, 04:26 AM
Naturally thin people are just lucky.

Except we live in constant terror of talking about it, for fear that a rogue stampeding girl (any size) will come along and murder us.

tiny
07-20-2006, 04:45 AM
Except we live in constant terror of talking about it, for fear that a rogue stampeding girl (any size) will come along and murder us.

I get called all sorts of names for being my size. Course, that's because I'm calling my class "cupcakes" and making them drop for 20 every time someone misses a defense.

Cthulhu
07-20-2006, 04:48 AM
I'm glad I don't do any classes at the local gym if all the instructors are like that!

I clearly want to be called cookie when I screw up, not cupcake! The nerve!

PeeDee
07-20-2006, 04:49 AM
"Cupcake" was my name in prison.

I...I can't talk about it. *sob* The memories of Soapy Malone and all those showers are...too hard to bear....*sob*

tiny
07-20-2006, 04:50 AM
They call me 4 feet 'o concrete. :D

Christine N.
07-20-2006, 04:53 AM
If I could afford it I'd join the local Curves, just to have some place to go. Avoiding exercise when you're doing it at home is just SO easy.

DamaNegra
07-20-2006, 09:10 AM
If I could afford it I'd join the local Curves, just to have some place to go. Avoiding exercise when you're doing it at home is just SO easy.
Yeah but finding an excuse not to go to the gym is easier :D