Status
Not open for further replies.

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
Ok, I'm tired of feeling bad about my size. And I know it's that I let people make me feel bad.
But last night I watched Mo'Nique's F.A.T Chance... and I was inspired. Those women were beautiful! All dolled up in great clothes (even lingerie!) and looked great.

So now I'm declaring myself a F.A.T gir - Fabulous And Thick. I'm giong to hunt out pretty clothes and treat myself to facials and manicures and look nice all the time.

Who's with me! Who wants to be a F.A.T girl?

Reaction score
Losing weight should be first and foremost for health reasons and not superficial ones.

And "Fat Girls Shouldn't Bite."

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think women should be pressured to change their weight, unless they have health problems. You shouldn't have to be one certain size to be beautiful. Everyone has the idea weight FOR THEM.

Annabella

writer again
Registered
Reaction score
I agree. I don't think a certain size is beautiful. Size doesn't matter! :) But do you think society as a whole has the capacity to accept that 'thin' is not the only way to be beautiful?

Reaction score
Of course size matters and for the majority of men and woman they are more attracted to thin people. To deny that reality doesn't do anyone any good.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
billythrilly7th said:
But you can't deny what the majority of men and woman find to be beautiful.

There is a consensus about "conventional" beauty, but it's not a supermodel physique. Women who are that thin can be beautiful, but I don't know how that became the ideal.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Christine N. said:
Ok, I'm tired of feeling bad about my size. And I know it's that I let people make me feel bad.

No one should be made to feel bad about their size. You should be who you want to be and not be pressured into doing anything you're not comfortable with.

But last night I watched Mo'Nique's F.A.T Chance... and I was inspired. Those women were beautiful! All dolled up in great clothes (even lingerie!) and looked great.

Not seen the film, but fat does not mean ugly. I am not a fan of skinny women, they are just tooooo skinny and are usually very shallow to boot. I like a girl with a bit of meat on her (I hope that came out all right?). I have seen too many times, women who have been made to feel bad about their size, and they were very beautiful people.

One of my friends said this to a skinny girl who made a nasty comment - "I may be fat, but I can diet. Your ugly, and there's not a damned thing you can do about it."

So now I'm declaring myself a F.A.T girl - Fabulous And Thick. I'm giong to hunt out pretty clothes and treat myself to facials and manicures and look nice all the time.

Who's with me! Who wants to be a F.A.T girl?

I would be a F.A.T girl, but it may require an opp :D .

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Christine N. said:
So now I'm declaring myself a F.A.T gir - Fabulous And Thick. I'm giong to hunt out pretty clothes and treat myself to facials and manicures and look nice all the time.

I think it's really fabulous to look as good as you can at any weight! :)

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
To each his own.

I'd like to lose some of my stomach, but not enough to starve myself and exercise. (At least not until my kids are back in school, when I can do workouts at home without them underfoot.)

My husband loves my body, and for that I am grateful. He's gained a few lbs. too. We were fit and fantastic for over 10 years, but lately, we spend alot more time watching foreign films and drinking beer.

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
Well, yeah, once you get married it's all downhill. LOL. ten years ago I was thinner, but in order to keep it, I became a compulsive exerciser and hardly ate anything that wasn't salad.

It wasn't worth it - I was miserable. I LIKE FOOD! Plus I know I'm fighting genetics. My father is a skinny little thing, but my mom, her mom and her mom too were all big people. So I do my best, watch my sugar, pay attention to my portions, but my body just likes to be this way apparently.

So I'm gonna live with what my mama gave me!

Cath

The mean one
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.cathsmith.net
I know the problem, Christine. I used to be slim and sexy before I got married - now I'm just sexy...

Thankfully hubby likes me this way - he bakes me a cake every time I say I'm going on a diet (and he bakes really good cake).

Just be happy the way you are.

Reaction score
Cath said:
Thankfully hubby likes me this way - he bakes me a cake every time I say I'm going on a diet (and he bakes really good cake).

Either he likes you that way or you have a substantial life insurance policy he's trying to cash in on.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
To all the big girls who need some love, feel free to get at me. Or dial 1-900-MIX-A-LOT, and kick those nasty thoughts...

tiny

riding the sun
Registered
Reaction score
Southern California between the Desert and the Mou
Website
www.facebook.com
billythrilly7th said:
Of course size matters and for the majority of men and woman they are more attracted to thin people. To deny that reality doesn't do anyone any good.

It's not about being thin. It's about being fit. I teach fitness classes as well as self defense classes and I've watched both men and women improve their fitness level without changing their size dramatically. I think the body settles where it wants to when a good life style is picked up, including not starving yourself to be a size 3.

Christine, I thought those women looked fantastic.

Last edited:

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
We can blame advertisers for changing the way we perceive beauty. Until the last century, skinny folks were deemed to be ill or dying. Now we've been conditioned to believe they're gorgeous.

There's something to say about human flesh in abundance, and how the fingers press and roam across the soft expanses, and how the bones are not met underneath until suppleness gives way. You can hold a lover without fear of breaking her and enjoy the richness and pleasures a "real" woman provides. She's the way she wants to be, and you love her the way she is.

deacon

billythrilly7th said:
Either he likes you that way or you have a substantial life insurance policy he's trying to cash in on.

daaaaaaaaaammmmmmmnnn, billy. good one!

tiny

riding the sun
Registered
Reaction score
Southern California between the Desert and the Mou
Website
www.facebook.com
Silver King said:
You can hold a lover without fear of breaking her and enjoy the richness and pleasures a "real" woman provides.

And there's where I have a problem. I am 5'1" and 120 pounds. I wear a size 3 and my hip bones show slightly. I am not breakable. I am also a "real" woman.

It's all in what you like, but to label one or the other less is lousy in my opinion.

Last edited:

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
tiny terror said:
And there's where I have a problem. I am 5'1" and 120 pounds. I wear a size 3 and my hip bones show slightly. I am not breakable. I am also a "real" woman.

I feel the same way. I used to have a roommate who was very heavy, and she would always complain when she saw thin women on television and call them "gross." It upset me to hear that, because most of them weren't much thinner than I was. If I saw a woman on television with her body type, I wouldn't call her "gross." I think it's insenstive.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
There truly is nothing left to be said that won't offend some dress sizes. This thread started out as a tribute to the heavy babes among us and has descended to upsetting those who are slight of body fat.

I'm outta here before things get worse.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I thought this thread was about "Fiesty and Taudry" women....should have known better. :rant:

Annabella

writer again
Registered
Reaction score
tiny terror said:
It's all in what you like, but to label one or the other less is lousy in my opinion.

Yep. You don't have to bash fat women if you are attracted to/are thin and you don't have to bash thin women if you are attracted to/are fat. It can be both ways. People find all kinds of things attractive. I truly believe that there is someone out there for everyone. All sorts of people find all sorts of types attractive. I think that the most important factor should be the type of person you are. Apperances can change, and change dramatically, over time. So it's kind of silly to search for someone based solely on dress size.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Long as I can't identify every single one of your vertebrae, or it doesn't look like I can grab your clavicle like it's a handlebar, you're not too thinny. Conversely, I like a thicker girl too (I'm an everyday, southern black man, I think it's in a contract somewhere). I think Jay Z said it best...

"Light sorta dark, short sorta tall, slim kinda thick, I swear I love 'em all..."

Amen...

Status
Not open for further replies.