Who I Am And What My Role Is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger J Carlson

Moderator In Name Only
Registered
Reaction score
Hello. My name is Roger J Carlson. Jenna made me a mod of this forum back in the Time Warp. I introduced myself then, but that post vanished along with a lot else here, and we could not find it in Google cache.

First of all, I am a Christian. A dyed-in-the-wool, born-again, washed-in-the-blood, baptized-by-immersion, Christian. I used to call myself a Fundamentalist, but given the responses to the Fundamentalist thread, I've decided that this would give too many people the wrong impression of me. I guess I'm really a moderate to conservative Evangelical Christian. (Which may or may not be any more illuminating.)

I am also a writer. Principly I write fantasy and science fiction. I do not write for the Christian Market, so don't look to me as an expert on that subject.

Jenna asked me to step in as Mod at a time when this board was embroiled in controversy. Many AW members felt uncomfortable about posting to the Christian Board. The feeling was that the board was leaning toward the ultra-conservative side. My job was to help restore the balance.

The TimeWarp of 2006 wiped out most of this controversy, and I didn't even try to restore it. For the most part, I consider it a blessing (from the standpoint of this board anyway). But my job remains the same; to make sure one set of voices doesn't overwhelm the board.

I do have my hard held beliefs and opinions. Many of these would be offensive to conservative Christians, other would be offensive to liberal Christians. However, I think it is more important for me to DO RIGHT than to BE RIGHT. As such, there will be times when I will not argue what I feel is right because in doing so, I will be hurting someone else. I also may refrain from speaking my mind if I feel that my beliefs will inflame an issue.

These are the principles by which I am moderating this board. These are also the principles by which I will be evaluating posts. I'll talk a little bit more about this in the Purpose of this Board thread.

Thanks for listening.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.