I am in the mood for a water balloon fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
I want to ambush my children with water balloons :D I am thinking of sending my husband to the store to get some balloons and then I am going to fill them up with water and have my husband help me set them up for a big wet attack.

My son would get into it but my daughter (who is into her looks now) would likely throw a fit. I could be wrong tho. Either way, it would be funny! The thing about my daughter is, she won't get me back right off. She'll wait until some time in the future to get me back.

Sometimes I wonder who the children in this family really are.

So, what kind of childish things do you like to do?

psy7ven

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
When I was a kid I used to rig a coffee can full of water over the door to the gardening shed so that whoever opened the door would get splashed. It was generally my father. I wouldn't have done it if I'd thought it was going to be mom. Mom did not believe in sparing the rod.

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
hahah you should definately do the water balloons. i wish my parents would have done stuff like that...

when i was 12-13 i used to tie firecrackers to all the closed doors, hidden of course. every time someone opened a door, it sounded like someone got shot. i finally quit after my mother and my dog walked through different doors at the same time. veryyyyy loud and lots of yelping.

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
We have a rule - nothing above the chest area.

Good rule!

*throws a water balloon back at September skies but misses and hits alleycat by mistake* :ROFL:

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
psy7ven said:
*throws a water balloon back at September skies but misses and hits alleycat by mistake*
You wouldn't believe how close to the truth that is. I just went out to fill up the bird bath. I didn't know the hose had a hole in it. When I turned the water on . . .

*drip, drip, drip*

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Water balloons are great! Just make sure you are in clear view - better yet, in possession - of the water hose too! I've been drowned by two kids manning hose after I tossed one little innocent water balloon. The nerve! :D

As for pranks, the only one that is always good fun around here is startling the daylights out of one another. This apartment is creepy-soundproof (unless the windows are open) even from one room to another. It's pretty much an everyday thing for someone to walk up on someone else and yell or poke them in the ribs just to see the other one jump out of their skin.

tiny

riding the sun
Registered
Reaction score
Southern California between the Desert and the Mou
Website
www.facebook.com
Carole said:
It's pretty much an everyday thing for someone to walk up on someone else and yell or poke them in the ribs just to see the other one jump out of their skin.

:D your place must be well insulated.

Ever since I started training in self-defense, my mother loves to hide and jump out on me with a rubber knife. She's constantly bragging that she got me. I keep telling her that it's not like I'm going to go into my ninja mode and toss her to the ground. I'd have to take care of her for crying out loud.

I'm fond of snagging whatever my kids have in their hand running off and hiding. It usually ends up in some sort of wrestling match and tears.

Fern

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Y'all just ruined a perfectly good thread. I clicked on it when I saw "I'm in the mood for a water. . ." I've been dying for a watermelon for days. I just knew I was at least going to get to talk about it and here you are, throwing water balloons at each other. I detest getting wet.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
September skies said:
My kids always love a good water balloon fight - usually done at family gatherings in parks. (with the small water bombs)
We have a rule - nothing above the chest area.
Oh man, I need a nap. I thought you said "family prison gatherings". :D

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
*peeks out from behind a wall and begins to bomb everyone at the cooler with water balloons*

HaHA! :wag:

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I hope you don't hit one of our many pregnant women. They get cranky.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Me at summer camp. Sunday after dinner -- make your own ice cream sundaes.

I get my dish of ice cream and wait to get to the sauce table.

Russell behind me has just gotten his too. Four scoops.

I sniff my ice cream: "Hey, this stuff smells WEIRD, Russell. I hope it's not sour or anything!"

Russell, puzzled: "I didn't notice anything."

"Doesn't it smell funny, though?"

Russell puts his plate up to his face, inhales deeply.

I reach over and mash the plate into his face.

Hilarity all around; for two minutes, I am a hero.

Russell is a very good sport about it.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
tiny terror said:
:D your place must be well insulated.
My apartment complex used to be military housing back during the Manhattan project. Solid concrete, even the interior walls and floors. They've just been smoothed over with plaster inside so you could never tell. My boys, 17 and 19, play DDR in the living room and there's not a sound from them jumping. They've had their electric guitars plugged in and blaring and I had no idea until I opened the front door.

Serenity

NCIS...
Registered
Reaction score
...cause sometimes you just need a slap on the hea
Carole said:
My apartment complex used to be military housing back during the Manhattan project. Solid concrete, even the interior walls and floors. They've just been smoothed over with plaster inside so you could never tell. My boys, 17 and 19, play DDR in the living room and there's not a sound from them jumping. They've had their electric guitars plugged in and blaring and I had no idea until I opened the front door.

OMG, I wish I had your apartment. The one I live in now apparently thinks sound proofing is for morons. It's not too bad right now, but last summer? My roommate and I had upstairs 'neighbors' that we swore were practicing bowling down the halls. And that was when they weren't blasting their music loud enough to entertain Congress in DC 35 miles away.

Anyhow, to keep in topic with the thead, I wasn't in the mood for a water balloon fight, per se, but Mother Nature decided I needed one. I had my overnight camping trip with my kids from the program I work for Friday into Saturday. It poured rain for about 3 hours and I was simply soaked by the end of it. Not to mention the fact that two of the boys thought it would be funny to turn on all of the water knobs in the bath house, causing a lot of water to flow through the very thin pipes and burst off one of the knobs. It was like a dam broke in there.

Needless to say, I was pretty p***** at that point. But hey, camping in the middle of nowhere with 24 fourth, fifth and sixth graders. Go me...

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Childish things? (whistles and throws water balloon at psy7ven)

Um, actually the other day I was playing volleyballoon with my teenage son. We had leftover balloons from a birthday party that were just hanging there so I took one off the wall and he and I started volleying it back and forth in the living room. It was really quite a lot of fun.

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
I hope you don't hit one of our many pregnant women. They get cranky.

I wouldn't dare. I figure they have their own water balloon getting ready to pop.

I know of 2 ladies here who are expecting. Those being Sara and Jenna. Who are the others?

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
my husband is teaching my children these things, we were outside and he got my 3 year old to go around to the side of the house with him and they turned the hose on with strict instructions not to aim at Jack, but to be sure to soak mommy really well and watch me run and scream - Brat! (the husband not the kid!)

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
LOL Stew21,

My husband still owes me a payback from the time I quietly slipped into the shower with him while he was washing his hair. I scared the you know what out of him. That was the best one ever. It will take a lot to get me back for that. I live in constant paranoia but, it was worth it.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
psy7ven said:
LOL Stew21,

My husband still owes me a payback from the time I quietly slipped into the shower with him while he was washing his hair. I scared the you know what out of him. That was the best one ever. It will take a lot to get me back for that. I live in constant paranoia but, it was worth it.

Sneaking into the shower with my husband usually doesn't end in a scare! ;)

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
psy7ven said:
I know of 2 ladies here who are expecting. Those being Sara and Jenna. Who are the others?

You forgot Sheryl (scfirenice); she is having twins. There are others, too, I think, but I'm not sure of their names.

And did that water balloon I threw at you hit you?

Jennybean

Registered
Reaction score
It is pretty hot here in Toronto, I think if I had a water balloon I would just throw it at myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.