Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
It's a gorgeous day today, the first one in a while. Bright sunshine, no clouds. A little humid, but I don't care. I want to go lounge by the pool, read a little, and be a bum this last day of my vacation.

While preparing for this event, I was struck by an odd thought. When a man is preparing to go swimming, his biggest concern is usually locating his trunks. Occasionally, he worries how silly he looks with his farmer's tan, or if his back hair needs grooming.

But why is it that when a woman is asked to go swimming, her first thought is "When did I last shave me legs?" :Wha: There is way too much preparation involved in such a simple, pleasurable experience. Sometimes it feels simpler to just go swimming in sweat pants and a T-shirt...

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
chaostitan said:
Sometimes it feels simpler to just go swimming in sweat pants and a T-shirt...
Nah, save that wardrode for when you go out on a date. :roll:

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
chaostitan said:
Occasionally, he worries how silly he looks with his farmer's tan, or if his back hair needs grooming.
I am not now, nor have I ever been a back hair groomer.

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
Shaving is very important to me. If I don't shave I can put most men to shame with the amount of hair I can grow.

I don't think I fully evolved.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't been to the pool yet this summer. I doubt I will at all. It's always overrun with screaming kids without a parent in sight. I wish it was open at night. That way, I'd avoid most of the kids AND not have to worry about slathering on 99999 SPF sunblock.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
tiny terror said:
As long as it's not a farmer tan from a wife-beater I won't laugh too much.

I couldn't beat a woman. They're too strong.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
Carole said:
I haven't been to the pool yet this summer. I doubt I will at all. It's always overrun with screaming kids without a parent in sight.

We had that problem last summer. I suppose all the families with young children moved out of the complex during the winter, because the pool was nice and peaceful today.

And Haggis? Don't you forget it. ;)

deacon

veinglory said:
The woman may say 'legs'--she mean other hair than that.

that reminds me a story from my childhood.

when i was ten years old i went to a large public pool with two of my friends. there was a woman lying beside the pool who had not shaved her "legs". the hair was longer than her swimsuit bottom and had escaped from both sides. being a while from pubery, we sat on the edge of the pool at her feet, and stared. c'mon, we were kids! we giggle, whispered, pointed and discussed our fortune untill the woman looked at us and we ran away. a good time was had by all that day. well, by three of us, anyway.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
chaostitan said:
We had that problem last summer. I suppose all the families with young children moved out of the complex during the winter, because the pool was nice and peaceful today.
I'm officially envious. I love to swim. I just have a strong dislike for other people's screaming, unattended kids.

When we lived in Florida, the pools (yep - we had three pools there!) at our apartment complex never closed. I was not unusual for hubby and me to go out at midnight to swim. Talk about peaceful!

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
chaostitan said:
When a man is preparing to go swimming, his biggest concern is usually locating his trunks. Occasionally, he worries how silly he looks with his farmer's tan, or if his back hair needs grooming.
I'm lazy. For me, a rashie and boardies do the trick. (see avatar)

I'll never tan, and I burn in 10 minutes flat in the Aussie sun. No point even trying; I've shed too many skins from sunburn to maintain that illusion.

Rather be in the waves anyway!

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
poetinahat said:
I'll never tan, and I burn in 10 minutes flat in the Aussie sun. No point even trying; I've shed too many skins from sunburn to maintain that illusion.
I eventually tan. Kinda. Sorta. Either that or maybe my freckles just connect. *shrugs* This is the first year that I have had pretty much zero deliberate exposure to the sun. I just keep thinking about dad and the skin cancer thing. I never want to go through what he did. He nearly died. I think I'll keep on being pale. Thankfully hubby likes pale.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Being ridiculously blonde, I can go quite a while without shaving the legs, since that's blonde too and hard to see. But the armpits - now that stuff has GOT to go, blonde or not !

blech.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Carole said:
I eventually tan. Kinda. Sorta. Either that or maybe my freckles just connect. *shrugs* This is the first year that I have had pretty much zero deliberate exposure to the sun. I just keep thinking about dad and the skin cancer thing. I never want to go through what he did. He nearly died. I think I'll keep on being pale. Thankfully hubby likes pale.

Pale is good. I never used to worry about it before. After I had the melanoma removed, it all started to make sense to me. Caught mine early, so no major problems, but now I use sunscreen. I hope your dad is doing OK now, Carole.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
MidnightMuse said:
Being ridiculously blonde, I can go quite a while without shaving the legs, since that's blonde too and hard to see. But the armpits - now that stuff has GOT to go, blonde or not !

blech.

The woman may say "armpits" but she means other hair than that.;)

helene

Registered
Reaction score
Website
writespot.org
Be careful with wax! If you have a tan, you'll look like you have issues when the wax strips your tan away ONLY in the places that were waxed! Did that one summer - people asked iif I was ok. It looked even weirder with that fake tanning stuff. But hey - you live and learn. Never again!

I was at the pool today - 92 degrees! And there were no kids because I went to a private one. It was nice, having the pool to ourselves - no kids peeing or screaming, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.