Are you at work right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drevil915

Registered
Reaction score
Where are you when you're on AW? (During the day)

I know most people on these boards have jobs, so I'm curious to know where you are during the day when you're on AW. Are you at work? If so...

Where do you work?

What are your hours?

What do you do?

Do you like it?

And...why are you on this forum when you should be getting those TPS reports out?
95cap001.jpg

Last edited:

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I spend all my time getting pedicures, shopping for jewelry, and yelling at the pool boy. It's positively grueling, I can tell you!

Maryn, living the life of Reilly and refusing to give it back

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I mostly get drunk during the day and then teach kids defensive driving classes at night. Cool job. Snotty brats though. :)

lazy_sod

Geezerette-in-training
Registered
Reaction score
Where I am it's 11 PM, but yes, I'm at work. I'm babysitting you see. The little tykes have just about drifted off to dreamland and the parents allowed me computer priveleges, so here I am.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
I can only post on AW from home. I don't have Internet access at work. But since I am a Retail Slave, my hours change all the time. So do my days off. So I am on the board at random times all week long.

You just never know when to expect me to come creeping up behind you.

louisgodwin

Back from the dead
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I wish I was allowed to log onto AW at work. Right now, if I did, I'd get fired.

badducky

No Time For Chitchat, Kemosabe.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jmmcdermott.blogspot.com
I'm house-sitting, and I'm making sure no one runs off with the computer by using it.

Gotta protect that keyboard.

Also, I'm taking a breather from my real job to get ready for that final push to the end of the tasks at hand.

Since I ran out of books until the bookstores open again tomorrow, I figured I'd bug all of you.

And I'm getting paid for my time. As a housesitter. It's a great job if you can get it, but the yard work's a bear if you're a dedicated apartment-dweller like me.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I'm using my downtime at work to surf AW for awhile. It's finally slowed down and I'm taking the break I deserve...you know, the one I get right before I have a nervous breakdown and decide to beat someone to death with my phone. Only 1 hour and 10 minutes until the end of my shift.

I work 7p-7a on a somewhat confusing schedule that allows me every other weekend off.

Yes, I love my job...it's just hard to love it at the end of 12 hours! And I think my user name should give away what I do for a living...

Reaction score
I have an Intel3000 65.7 Geg HZH chip implanted in my medulla oblonganta.

I can post 24 hours a day wherever I may be without any boss having a clue.

It's thought recognition technology and I love it.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
billythrilly7th said:

I can't believe no one has taken the bait before me...

I'm sure the moment you have an actual thought, the Intel3000 will post it rather than the drivel of white-noise interference presently being posted.

(Sorry, my inner core is mere steel, nowhere near strong enough to resist that "straight line" you provided!)

Maryn, not giving it a second thought, because she has not yet had her first

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
billythrilly7th said:

Oh dear. You didn't get the memo?

Microsoft discontinued the Intel3000 chip back in '05 due to security flaws, constant dropped connections and the tendancy it had to make the user drool.

Most everyone has upgraded already to the Intel4000.2, compatible with men named Mac who eat apples.

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
MidnightMuse said:
Microsoft discontinued the Intel3000 chip back in '05 due to security flaws, constant dropped connections and the tendancy it had to make the user drool.

Well, you'd think Billy would have noticed when he kept on drooling like usual and the chip didn't do a thing. I would have noticed.

:D

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
'Work' is school right now, but since I am on vacations I can post all day long without remorse. When I'm at school, I only post in the afternoons during the time I'm supposed to be doing homework :D

pconsidine

Too Adorkable for Words
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pjcopy.com
I am indeed at work.

Where do you work? I'm currently a Project Manager for an educational publishing service company. We basically do everything that publishing companies don't feel like doing (outsourcing is very big these days).

What are your hours? Usually 9-6, but when books are getting ready to go to the printer, I've worked as much as 70 hours a week for a month or two.

What do you do? I am the only person anywhere who is supposed to know where every last page is at all times. I create and maintain schedules, traffic materials, commission art, develop design and production specs, watch the budget, and provide communication between the editors and the production staff. Currently, I am managing an elementary school reading program that consists of 7 books for each grade from K through 6, for a total of something like 12,000 pages of material (the equivalent of maybe a dozen volumes of an encylopedia). I've been working on it since last September and I'll be working on it until next February.

Do you like it? Oddly enough, yes. I do. But most of my career has been spent in the production pits of magazines, so it's kinda like home to me now. Plus, I get do so a bit of editing now and then, so I get to keep my hand in there, too.

Wow - when I say it like that, I can see that I really must be nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.