In Need of Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbal

Registered
Reaction score
Is it the thing about typing people's names into search engines?
I actually was looking through our county public records database for myself once and found a court case where my brother was supposed to appear the next day! I called and told him and he had no idea.

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Sorry, my firewall refused to load the page. It said something was trying to download and refused the connection. Please ask the question here for those who don't want to link.

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
IThinkICan29 said:
I'd appreciate any and all help with this one. I would like to know if this is something that people often do. It'll only take a split second to answer the question. Thanks!

Here's the link:
http://www.angelfire.com/blog/internetresearching/

Yes, I do. Type my own in, as well. It's part of safe internet practice. Sometimes you find bad things have been done to those you know, or even to yourself.

NancyMehl

She Who Resonates...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nancymehlbooks.com
Yes, I do that at least once a month. It helps me to keep track of my books. I can find out who is reading and who is distributing. It also assists me in finding people who use my name for purposes I don't approve of. For example: someone dropped a lot of messages into different places that were supposedly written by someone at PA but mentioned my name. The messages had erroneous information.

Stuff like that is important to find out.

One time, I found a message board frequented by people in India. Someone mentioned me as one of their favorite authors. Now THAT kind of stuff is a lot more fun to find!

Nancy

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
I do this occasionally; mainly my own name, though. (And I get some interesting medical associations.) But not really for anyone else I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.