PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday FlagPoleBoy

SpookyWriter
07-15-2006, 01:56 AM
:partyguy: Happy birthday!

writerterri
07-15-2006, 02:42 AM
You freak, who? :D

And why don't you have a picture to go with that? Huh?

SpookyWriter
07-15-2006, 04:13 AM
You don't know who FlagPoleBoy is? I'm shocked and I am sure he's enjoying his birthday cake at this very moment.

writerterri
07-15-2006, 04:28 AM
Sorry, I don't know who he is and he's not getting a happy birthday from me until he gives me a piece of cake!

:tongue

ps. answer my pm or you're getting a total system virus. :D

SpookyWriter
07-15-2006, 04:54 AM
Sorry, I don't know who he is and he's not getting a happy birthday from me until he gives me a piece of cake!

:tongue

ps. answer my pm or you're getting a total system virus. :DOh, I forgot about the PMS thingy. I will send the required information as you had detailed. Now we have the power to overthrow Dama from her throne!

Love live Queen Terri!

writerterri
07-15-2006, 05:19 AM
I'm beginning to see a pattern here.

SpookyWriter
07-15-2006, 05:21 AM
I'm beginning to see a pattern here.Hopefully something square and black?

SpookyWriter
07-15-2006, 05:26 AM
Happy Birthday!

http://www.cbsnews.com/images/2006/04/24/image1535617g.jpg

writerterri
07-15-2006, 05:29 AM
:roll:

Not my boy, Bush!

writerterri
07-15-2006, 05:31 AM
Is that the Ford's!

Good heavens. Did you ever see Beatlejuice when the couple are standing on the table and they age like death?

They look like that. *sucks in breath*

SpookyWriter
07-15-2006, 05:33 AM
:roll:

Not my boy, Bush!

The first time I wrot:

Not my B....

Dang, that was close.Ush caused all the problems in the first place.

SpookyWriter
07-15-2006, 05:35 AM
Is that the Ford's!

Good heavens. Did you ever see Beatlejuice when the couple are standing on the table and they age like death?

They look like that. *sucks in breath*Did ya notice who is holding who's hand there? I always suspected, but now I have pictures to prove it!

SCANDAL!!!

writerterri
07-15-2006, 05:35 AM
Ush?

You're worse than me.:D

writerterri
07-15-2006, 05:43 AM
What's worse is that he's holding Bush's thumb!

SpookyWriter
07-15-2006, 05:47 AM
What's worse is that he's holding Bush's thumb!Why do I get the impression that he is intimately familar with Bush's thumb? ;)

deacon
07-15-2006, 05:51 AM
Did ya notice who is holding who's hand there? I always suspected, but now I have pictures to prove it!

SCANDAL!!!

never doubted it for a second. i've seen the way bush wave his hands when he's trying to convince us he knows something.

PeeDee
07-15-2006, 06:59 AM
Why do I get the impression that he is intimately familar with Bush's thumb? ;)

Well, Bush is just being helpful. His wife has arthritis, her thumb's no good anymore.

SpookyWriter
07-15-2006, 07:00 AM
Well, Bush is just being helpful. His wife has arthritis, her thumb's no good anymore.That we know about. She may have a perfectly good digit on one of her gnawled hands.

PeeDee
07-15-2006, 07:03 AM
Nope. I checked. Good'fer'nuthin.

SpookyWriter
07-15-2006, 07:05 AM
Nope. I checked. Good'fer'nuthin.Did you do a proper count of just do a quick and dirty search?

PeeDee
07-15-2006, 07:09 AM
It seemed only proper to do a quick'n'dirty search.

SpookyWriter
07-15-2006, 07:16 AM
Proper, yes indeed.

http://www.polishposter.com/images/3708.jpg

PeeDee
07-15-2006, 07:25 AM
Looks like the "hundred years later" version of:

http://www.klangundkleid.ch/img/plakate/film/263230_toys-robinwilliams.jpg

SpookyWriter
07-15-2006, 07:28 AM
Yeah, I'm hearing you bro...

http://www.polishposter.com/images/3660.jpg

PeeDee
07-15-2006, 07:37 AM
Yeah, I'm hearing you bro...

http://www.polishposter.com/images/3660.jpg

It's a poster for Terry Gilliam's "Pinnocheo!"

SpookyWriter
07-15-2006, 07:39 AM
Posters (http://www.polishposter.com/html/japan.html) from Poland. Cool site and I might order some.

PeeDee
07-15-2006, 07:46 AM
The poster for Godzilla Kontra Hedora is really impressive, and I wouldn't mind having it on my wall without the text.

What a cool site...

SpookyWriter
07-15-2006, 07:51 AM
The poster for Godzilla Kontra Hedora is really impressive, and I wouldn't mind having it on my wall without the text.

What a cool site... I love to wander about the internet reading and exploring art. I found so many neat sites over the years. There is so much art and writing out there that I could spend the remainder of my life exploring and never finish seeing or reading it all.

What a life we live today. I used to visit art galleries and shuffle behind other people to view some work, but now I can do the same at home. I still like to get out with people and closer to the art, but times like this I do enjoy the solitude of visiting the worlds art collection.

Glad you enjoyed the site!

me...

SpookyWriter
07-15-2006, 07:51 AM

What a cool site...But the text adds flavor to the art, yes?

PeeDee
07-15-2006, 07:57 AM
But the text adds flavor to the art, yes?

Usually. This time, it almost doesn't. I would happily put it on my wall, even with the text, though. It's so cool.

(They're all so cool. This whole site is cool. I'm getting nothing done, damn it.)

I do the same thing with art. You can find fascinating stuff just typing something into a search engine's "Images" search and then following intruiging links. That said, I still enjoy going to the art musuem's, so long as they're not displaying dippy modern art like "Chair in a room." (which was at the Minneapolis Art Institute, and consisted of a chair.......in a big room........)

SpookyWriter
07-15-2006, 08:07 AM
When I lived in Holland, I became acquainted with several of the celeb Dutch artist. They'd invite me to showings and I'd look around, all sappy and think "What the frick is this junk?"

One artist had a soap dish with a lime ball in it or something like that....

Errr...I was even invited by the Dutch Embassy to an exhibit for Indian artist, but I decided to pass when I reviewed the materials to be displayed.

Oh well...

PeeDee
07-15-2006, 08:16 AM
I get really annoyed at modern art. Some people think this means that I dislike abstract art, which isn't true at all. Some abstract art is very interesting. I have an abstract painting hanging in my bedroom which is either a planet having a sunrise, a ship going to lightspeed, a painting which had been slashed across the middle, a trio of ballet dancers, or a bowl of fruit, depending on how I think about it on any given day.

I like that.

But "Chair in room," is just chair in room. I have that at home, featured together with "desk in room" and "writer in room" and "Tea in room." No one's paying me a cent for it, damn it.

SpookyWriter
07-15-2006, 08:20 AM
An abstraction is the form of taking the essence of a subject and creating a new form with a different likeness. Several of the masters could accomplish this by enjoying the liberal intrepations of their subject. But the abstract or moderisn of many artists today lack the depth of ingenuity.

Sad, as it may seem, but given the lack of external influences I can understand why some artist are drawn to the mundane.

PeeDee
07-15-2006, 08:23 AM
It afflicts artists just as much as writers. The problem is, quite a lot of modern culture is striving toward mundanity as some sort of blissful state, instead of looking at it as a problem.

...this is not to say there aren't brilliant works of art being created. There is this gorgeous statue of a woman's head at the Art Institute of Minneapolis which looks like they've carved her out of stone, then draped a real cloth veil over it. It's not until you get closer that you realize the folds of the cloth veil are carved into the statue. There are pictures of it online (of course, I can't find one now) but you have to see it in person to do it justice. You look at it from five feet away, then get up close and go "Whoa!" without fail.

Maryn
07-15-2006, 06:19 PM
There's something like it in the local art museum, by Wendell Castle. It appears to be a coat rack with a trenchcoat draped on it, spray painted to resemble the wood in the rack. Of course, the trenchcoat is also wood, the two carved from a single piece of maple...

Like you, I couldn't find an image of it, but I found a similar work by the same artist (http://designmatcher.com/nl/gallery_detail.php?galleryID=1089)

Maryn, art fan