PDA

View Full Version : Conferences and such

AnnMB
07-15-2006, 12:14 AM
Is there a board on AW that posts upcoming writers' conferences and workshops? If not, does anyone know of any good internet links that will lead me to that information?

Thanks!

Rane
07-15-2006, 12:44 AM
Hi Ann,

This is a good site: http://writing.shawguides.com/

Cathy C
07-15-2006, 01:27 AM
You bet, AnnMB. Just click on the "Calendar" link in the blue bar at the top of the forum (in between Member List and New Posts) and POOF! :)

Any member is welcome to add regional or national events to the calendar that they discover and Today's Calendar appears at the bottom of the main Forum page.

Susan Flemming
07-15-2006, 09:57 PM
Any member is welcome to add regional or national events to the calendar that they discover and Today's Calendar appears at the bottom of the main Forum page.

Hello Cathy C,

I just tried to post a one-day conference but got a message that I wasn't allowed to access that page, so if someone who does have access would like to post the following:

The 7th Annual Gulf Coast Writers and Storytellers Conference

http://www.gulfcoastwritersconference.com/

AnnMB
07-16-2006, 06:43 AM
Thank you, all, for helping me find the information I needed!

Cathy C
07-16-2006, 11:00 PM
I checked with the management on this, Susan. You need to be a "Super Member" level, with 50 posts, in order to use the calendar. My apologies for the confusion. I'll add your conference to the list.

Get busy posting so you can add more of them! :)

Susan Flemming
07-19-2006, 04:02 AM
I checked with the management on this, Susan. You need to be a "Super Member" level, with 50 posts, in order to use the calendar. My apologies for the confusion. I'll add your conference to the list.

Thank you.

Get busy posting so you can add more of them! :)

Well..... I was on my way to 50 posts when the accidental purge happened. So now I'm starting over.

There's a Women's Writing Retreat being planned for this area for November... hopefully by the time I have more details I'll have those 50 posts, so I can add it here.