• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking Novelist & Co-Author

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argosm

I am Sean-Michael Argo, a professional filmmaker moonlighting as a writer from time to time.

I am looking for a novelist to co-author a long list of novels. I have several project in development right now, and would like someone to help me get these projects finished and published.

Essentially I have written several role-playing settings, with plots, characters, and much of the details that make the world complete. I am seeking a writer who can work hand in hand with me to get these settings & plots turned into novels. Right now I have two such projects ready to go.

I have contacts in the publishing industry (and no, that doesn't mean Publish America or Iuniverse, used them before, now have REAL contacts). So I can make sure that we have a solid opprotunity for publishing that will put our novels on shelves.

I am looking for writers capable of several genres, being able to switch back & forth from gritty steampunk fantasy, to science fiction, and traditional fantasy stories.

If after recieving your writing samples I choose to work with you, I would send you the materials along with a contract, which would set forth that we would be 50/50 in ownership, creative control, and royalties. Then we just throw drafts back & forth until we have something ready to publish.

Email me with a resume & writing samples, then we can go from there.

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
(*cough* Mods? Wrong forum.)

Hey, Sean. It is intruiging, I admit, although I find that I would at least need to know what sort of novels these are. Role-play-settings are frequently used for novels, but I've never seen any that turn out well. Actually, some of them are terrifying. That makes me a wee bit hesitant.

I'm also rather curious about your mentioned "contacts." Of course, I'm just a curious person. :)

Argosm

?

These are steampunk fantasy and nautical fantasy for the first two. Ideally we would build two worlds in which several novels could be written.

Once the first novel is finished I have access to an agent. If that doesn't pan out, there is always the usual submissions route. I am hesitant to self-publish due to the stigma attached to it, but with current marketing technology, this is a last ditch option if we need it to be.

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
Argosm said:
These are steampunk fantasy and nautical fantasy for the first two. Ideally we would build two worlds in which several novels could be written.
Once the first novel is finished I have access to an agent. If that doesn't pan out, there is always the usual submissions route. I am hesitant to self-publish due to the stigma attached to it, but with current marketing technology, this is a last ditch option if we need it to be.

A literary agent, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.