• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for tech. buddy/mentor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianm

Brian Boru
Registered
Reaction score
The desert of S. California and the coast of N. Ir
I'd very much like to find a buddy/mentor who would assist me in the technical aspects of writing.

I have an excellent education, however, I was not schooled in the technique of writing well. I'm learning these aspects and I absorb like a sponge.

However, I would like someone to review bits of my writing periodically to let me know if I am getting the fundamentals down correctly. I'm not talking about reading boring page after page of my WIP. Just periodic reviews to see that I am using the tools correctly.

Having been a musician, I understand all to well how very important good technique is to improving your writing skills. One doesn't jump from learning basic scales to singing an opera without first learning good technique for supporting the voice, etc.

My WIP is women's fiction and I feel I will always remain within a genre that deals with human interaction and relationships. Whether it be dramatic, comedic, or a combination thereof.

I'm 6' 3", have brown eyes, love cooking, travel... ooops... wrong forum for this. LOL (wee joke... )

Nashelle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
uk.geocities.com
I just may be able to help you. Tell me what kind of thing you need to know (tense, point of veiw etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.