Not open for further replies.

Doctor Shifty

Press Any Key
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.users.tpg.com.au
From an email received today -

"... proposal to go to the Commonwealth for funding to operationalise a pilot program to assist ..."

By what process does somebody think up the pretend word, operationalise?

Kim

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
Familiarity with Bureaucratise. Puma

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I use operationlise/ize a lot. It is an accepted word in research facilities I have worked at -- for undertaking all the steps necessry to move from hypothesis to experimental assessment. I have no problem with it because the only way to replace it is with a sentence. (c.f. utalise, action, solutions misuse and other such things)

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
veinglory said:
I use operationlise/ize a lot. It is an accepted word in research facilities I have worked at -- for undertaking all the steps necessry to move from hypothesis to experimental assessment. I have no problem with it because the only way to replace it is with a sentence. (c.f. utalise, action, solutions misuse and other such things)

Better a good sentence that a horrible word.

Doctor Shifty

Press Any Key
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.users.tpg.com.au
veinglory said:

In that case I will forward the email to you. :) Oh, sorry, can't do that. I've deleted it already.

Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.