Status
Not open for further replies.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
There's a craft class at my library tonight, to learn how to make topiary luminaries (flowery things with candles on top). This is the kind of thing I always look at when the library bulletin comes around and think, "How nice," but never actually do.

I mean, I never actually do *anything* other than sit here at the computer, and go to the movies once every 3 or 4 months. I don't have any hobbies or social activities.

But today! Today it all changes. For I, Jenna "hook me up with a glue gun" Glatzer, done made myself a reservation in the class for tonight. :) I'm so the new Martha Stewart in the making.

I'm contemplating wearing a dress.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
JennaGlatzer said:
Jenna "hook me up with a glue gun" Glatzer.

My internal tongue twisted around that in the most unusual way :)

Good for you!

Man, the last time I wore a dress, it was to a funeral.

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
If you're going to be playing with hot glue, I'd suggest blue jeans, a T-shirt, and closed toe shoes. Wear the dress when you're showing off your finished creation. Hot glue is a pain to get off of nice materials, and if you're working around heat you shouldn't wear synthetics.

If you're looking for a hobby, might I suggest polymer clay? There're all sorts of things you can make from jewelry to sculpture (like my orange cat avatar). Let me know if you want more info. Polymer clay and writing are my two favorite pastimes.

Happy gluing!

Elincoln

Official Daydreamer of AW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lincolnfj.com
Ah, so the "Crafting" phase of your pregnancy is kicking in. Cool. Just remember when you have the urge to hand make the entire bedding set for your baby...resist! I learned that the hard way.

Seriously, go have fun while you have the time and the energy to do it.

JAlpha

Smilie Fanatic
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
diaryofaliteraryfictioneditor.blogspot.com
JennaGlatzer said:
. :) I'm so the new Martha Stewart in the making.

I'm contemplating wearing a dress.

We have a great deal in common, Jenna. You aren't just going to a topiary class tonight, and you don't just want to emulate Martha Stewart; you're aiming for Domestic Goddess. You think BIG! I love that :Hug2:

For example . . . when I bake bread, I don't just bake it, I create three dimensional edible sculptures!

Last edited:

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I agree with Elin. Like Sara, I baked and made salsa, which I couldn't eat very much of cause of the heart burn. I was even making food for the neighbors. I'd show up at the door with some food and they'd laugh and rave after they ate it.

We ate some good food while momma was pregnant.

Go have fun and enjoy pregnanthood.

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
My first thought when I saw the title for this thread was garden topiary like bushes pruned into animal shapes. I was having fun imagining Jenna out there with garden shears and a chain saw. :e2chain:

The Shining, anyone? :D

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
I wore overalls, and MAN are my topiary luminaries tacky! Anthony met me at the library (adorable thing) and wanted to know if I really had to bring those things in the house. Also, I burned my index finger with the glue gun.

It was still a pretty good distraction.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
JennaGlatzer said:
There's a craft class at my library tonight, to learn how to make topiary luminaries (flowery things with candles on top).
I was never good with my hands that's why I write instead of doing craft thingies. I envy you....:cry:

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
JennaGlatzer said:
I wore overalls, and MAN are my topiary luminaries tacky!
I smell another auction coming on. I like tacky stuff. Honest, just ask my neighbors. :D

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Doesn't anyone but me find the thought of Jenna with a loaded glue gun frightening?

GPatten

Dang...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
forum.m1911.org
Yah. Post some pictures.

I don’t know what a dang topiary is.
OldSeaCaptain.jpg

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Unique said:
Doesn't anyone but me find the thought of Jenna with a loaded glue gun frightening?
Well if doesn't come around for a couple days we know the outcome of that situation. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.