You know what is it that I hate about summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I was at a Panera Bread and gosh, it was a mad house. Kids everywhere. Suddenly, the whole joint turned into an amusement park. And I wasn't talking about one or two kids per parent. It's like four or five each.

Now before I piss off every parent here... I do like kids. But not a hundred at the time. Not only are they noisy... and they're all over the cashiers... and they take a LONG time to make their orders. They can't frigging decide what they want. And when they do, they're large orders (why do parents let their kids have so many cookies and pastries and sugary stuff anyway?) Then they get their orders and they yelled, "that's not what I want!"

*sigh*

Remind me when I have kids to keep them in the house, or at least not take them anywhere during lunch hours.

OK, I lied. Not a hundred kids. I counted. More like 34.

EEEEKKKK...

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Ray, I have kids and I hate that kind of situation too. It gives me a headache and I sympathize.

That many kids together seems to give even the most polite kids a license to be loud and rude.

scfirenice

professional multitasker
Registered
Reaction score
I agree with Ferret, I don't like any kids but mine. Seriously. Not even my nephews. Sorry. My kid wouldn;t have behaved like that BTW. Or she'd have had my size 8 in her backside. ; )

Joe Unidos

Registered
Reaction score
I hate the heat and humidity.

And I hate kids.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I vote for open season on Tourists, too.

And year-round school.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I hate summer too. And I hate other peoples kids. My son would never act like that or he'd have gotten a spanking. I never let him run wild and I'm appalled when I go somewhere and kids are acting like that. Can the parents not see what's going on? Makes me crazy!

And I totally agree with an open season on tourists. The area I live in is a huge tourist area, and this weekend we have a 3 on 3 basketball tournament that is coming to town...we'll have approximately 35,000 extra people in the area for three days. That's over double our winter population...and they'll be packed into one city! And I have to work all weekend. Someone shoot me now!! Please.

tiny

riding the sun
Registered
Reaction score
Southern California between the Desert and the Mou
Website
www.facebook.com
Kids are a pain, but I have a bigger problem with parents that let them act like that. I tolerate all sorts of crap at home, but when we walk out that door I expect my boys to behave. No whining, no yelling, no bullsh!t. I'm not above dragging them to the car and leaving if they aren't behaving up to my standards (and by the way, I only had to do that once with both my boys).

I believe in a healthy fear. I want them to be afraid of me. Not afraid that I'll hurt them, but afraid that I'll be dissappointed in their behavior.

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
You'd think people would just wise up and take the little boogers to McDonald's. Whoever heard of a Panera with a play-place?

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
tiny terror said:
...but when we walk out that door I expect my boys to behave. No whining, no yelling, no bullsh!t. I'm not above dragging them to the car and leaving if they aren't behaving up to my standards (and by the way, I only had to do that once with both my boys).

I agree with you totally. When I brought my kids to restaurants when they were younger I told them ahead of time how I expected them to behave. And they did.

Sometimes someone would come over to my table and say, "Just wanted to tell you that your children are very well-behaved."

That always made my day.

Last edited:

pconsidine

Too Adorkable for Words
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pjcopy.com
Huh. I guess I've developed selective hearing over the years, because I don't even hear kids that I'm not responsible for. Granted, I'd be able to hear my nieces whisper across the infield at the Indy 500, but if they're not mine, they don't even register.

Maybe it's from being a city kid?

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
kristie911 said:
My son would never act like that or he'd have gotten a spanking.
Ooo, ooo, let's open the spanking debate. I bet it'll be at least as much fun as the circumcision debate.

I'm feeling like a real sh't disturber today.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Shadow_Ferret said:
All pets. There are no bad pets, only bad owners.

Wish I could say the same for children.

;)
IMO, the same goes for children. They are just more complicated and can be more thoroughly ruined by their "owners".

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Right now, there's a kid there screaming at the top of his lungs. Screaming. And the parents are not really doing anything. They just sit there and eat their soup.

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
CaroGirl said:
IMO, the same goes for children. They are just more complicated and can be more thoroughly ruined by their "owners".

I disagree. I know good parents who still have bad children and vice versa. As parents we can only do our best but a lot of it is out of our hands unless we lock them in a closet and just expose them to what we think is right.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
maestrowork said:
Right now, there's a kid there screaming at the top of his lungs. Screaming. And the parents are not really doing anything. They just sit there and eat their soup.

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

YOu have my sympathy. We went to Pizza Hut the other day and we were put at a booth where there were several children and a mom. The kids were hanging over our side of the booth constantly jabbering away and directing their comments at us. I kept saying to my wife, "Where's the mom?"

"Just sitting there."

So then I felt like a meanie because my 6-year-old was responding and standing up to look at them and I'm yelling at him to sit down and behave. "We don't act like that in a restaurant."

"But they are."

Yeah. I know.

SC Harrison

Dances With Hamsters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
maestrowork said:

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!
My dad would have smacked me. When my turn came around I (mostly) threatened the smack, which was less effective. Nowadays, parents either calmly explain the inappropriateness of the behavior or they ignore it, both of which have little apparent effect. We should bring back the Smack.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I vote for bring back the Smack, too!

Selling jewelry at art shows you spend hours listening to "don't touch! Tommy, I told you to stop touching. I mean it now, don't touch. Put that down. If I have to tell you one more time. Stop it. Don't touch anything. Don't touch that. Touch with your eyes only. Billy put that down. I said no touching."

I consider it a good day if none of the little spawns wipes a boogar on the velvet.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Shadow_Ferret said:
I disagree. I know good parents who still have bad children and vice versa. As parents we can only do our best but a lot of it is out of our hands unless we lock them in a closet and just expose them to what we think is right.
Yes, sometimes we're at the mercy of our combined genetics, but so are we with our pets. My dogs won't stop being excitable and goofy no matter what I do (granted, I'm not much of a dog trainer). I'm not excitable and goofy (much) why are they? It's the breed, I'm afraid.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
CaroGirl said:
My dogs won't stop being excitable and goofy no matter what I do (granted, I'm not much of a dog trainer). I'm not excitable and goofy (much) why are they? It's the breed, I'm afraid.

Any time you breen an Excitable to a Goofy, you're asking for trouble!

Status
Not open for further replies.