Handed in, run down

spacejock2

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spacejock.com.au
After 8 months of rewrites and edits I'm glad to announce that I've handed in the third Hal Spacejock book to my editor at FACP. (They offered me a three book contract, which is now complete.)

During the past 3 months we sold the family business, chose a high school for the eldest daughter and went on holiday (That last a fortnight before the deadline - eep.)

I'm now working from home full time, but despite all the dramas I got the manuscript in, and early indications are good.

In other news, my first two novels were never released in the US because my publisher wanted to try for a rights deal first. Well, time has been getting on and today we agreed to get the books over to their US distributor ASAP. It means the Aussie editions will be sold in the US, so you'll just have to put up with my 'humour' ;-)

Cheers
Simon

oarsman

Salt water is the cure
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations Simon! Were you working on the book on holiday? You have been busy the last 3 months! :)

jchines

Got the hang of it, here
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jimchines.com
Congrats on getting the book turned in, despite the "real life" chaos. Here's hoping the U.S. sales take off for you.

::Runs off to enter the giveaway contest::

spacejock2

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spacejock.com.au
oarsman said:
Congratulations Simon! Were you working on the book on holiday? You have been busy the last 3 months! :)

Yes, I had my trusty laptop. I only used it at night though, once the kids were asleep, and only an hour or so. Amazing how much work you get done when there's no email or web to distract you.

Cheers
Simon

Lee_OC

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! I wish you lots of success.