PDA

View Full Version : Cafe Genre

MidnightMuse
07-12-2006, 12:27 AM
(in case any preface is necessary - I'm not whining, I'm just playin' around and thought you'd like to play, too)

There's no crying in baseball, and there's no fudge almond peanut butter delight in publishing.

But there is here at Café Genre !

Step right up, order whatever you'd like. Tired of seeing only Romance, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Horror, Mainstream, Literary and YA on your agent's menu? You've come to the write place !

Here at Café Genre, we'll mix up whatever combination platter you've got a hankerin' for.

Want a big bowl of Horror with Romance/Mystery overtones that would appeal to lovers of Poetry?

Help yourself.

How about a plate of Literature with a side order of Slipstream that mixes well with Pulp Fiction and would appeal to anyone who's read an Oprah pick this summer?

Soup's on!

Hello, my name is Muse*, I'll be your Agent this evening. What genre would you like to write in?

*be kind, tip your waitress

Unique
07-12-2006, 12:34 AM
Humour Horror with a side dish of risque Poetry, please.

davids
07-12-2006, 12:40 AM
Black pudding with a cross-over of hot-cross bun fetishistic banality bent toward technical manuals with a dose of clotted cream

MidnightMuse
07-12-2006, 01:04 AM
with a dose of clotted cream

The word clotted invariably brings to mind blood ! yikes, what an appetite you have :D

davids
07-12-2006, 01:07 AM
No Muse clots make it in England to put on the scones-but my appetite is insatiable-which may or may not at times include clots!

MidnightMuse
07-12-2006, 04:54 AM
Who else thinks Horror and Romance aren't too far removed? :D

Unique
07-12-2006, 07:50 PM
Who else thinks Horror and Romance aren't too far removed? :D
me!

and Jaycinth. I think I can vouch for her on that subject.

NightWynde
07-17-2006, 10:56 AM
Nothin' fancy, give it to me straight up. Shaken not stirred (is there any other way?) and lay it on thick-- I'm watching plot lines not calories here. Hold the cheese and make it to go.

Sidenote: Agreed, to me romance is horrifying.

TeddyG
07-17-2006, 11:05 AM
me!

and Jaycinth. I think I can vouch for her on that subject.

tsk tsk thats because Unique you never let me romance you!

persiphone_hellecat
07-21-2006, 03:17 AM
I'd like an order of scones and clotted cream with English Breakfast Tea (with sugar and cream in bone china, please) with a healthy dose of right wing rhetoric blended with Greecian historical romance and a side order of Fabio please ...