• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

teen seeking *cough cough* adult mentor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vintagepunk!

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for an adult mentor-one who is familiar with the YA genre-to help me polish my work :p and give me some honest feedback. And someone I can establish a good relantionship with-kinda like...a godmom or dad lol-don't know if that's a good example but you get what I mean, right? :D Sooooo.....any voluenteers? :D

~Tia

Tricksie-ish

Registered
Reaction score
Tia, good for you for seeking an adult mentor. I love that you are open to that. But YA genre is not my thing. I just wanted to say way to go. Keep us posted on how things go for you.

gigergal

Of course, how could I be so dense. Put it down to the fact that I left my young adulthood behind a long time ago ***gulps***

gigergal

sharpierae

the UnID
Registered
Reaction score
TIA!

is this you back in town, ms.mocha? I thought you were lost in cyberspace... I'm still open for whatever you got, keeping in mind that i am "technically" an adult, remember?
xxxsharpie

vintagepunk!

Registered
Reaction score
hey rae!!! glad to see you back on the boards!! think you could email me your first chapter again since it got lost in the sweep? lol. it'll work better this way so i won't lose it :p

~Tia

vintagepunk!

Registered
Reaction score
Innkeeper said:
"Ah ... lets see," he said, scrunching his face into a ferocious scowl, "Did you finish your homework before you started writing? What do you mean you're planning to do it later? Don't you know that good grades are your future? How are you planning to go to college if you don't get good grades? DON'T GIVE ME THAT LOOK or I'll send you to bed without your supper! And no, you may not stay up until 2 AM writing!"

:rant:

Sorry ... couldn't resist. I was a teacher for 17 years but I've never been a parent.

And no, if I haven't already scared you off, I'm not a YA mentor. I don't know much about the YA genre having been an elementary teacher.

I'll give you a gold star (rep scale) anyway ...

:)

P.S. Seriously though ... I say this as a former teacher ... do be careful with mentors. There are mentors and there are mentors. If whoever you choose as mentor starts going strange on you - asking about your personal life, wanting a picture of you, wanting to meet etc. break off the on-line relationship.

Although this forum is dedicated to writing, I'm sorry to say that predators are everywhere. Do take care of yourself and report any problem to a parent or legal guardian.

Best wishes!

Mr. Chin

LOL!! Thanks for the warning Mr. Chin!!!!!!

snakesilver

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I am unpublished and write sci-fi/fantasy stuff for YA, but I do read kids/YA fiction so feel free to send me stuff. I couldn't be a mentor for reality-based stuff but could definitely comment on your stories if you'd like as I read that kind of stuff for fun anyway.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.