Status
Not open for further replies.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
A while back, I talked about how Paul told me he wanted to be a writer, and I was looking for ideas for how to encourage him. You guys made the smart suggestion that he could have a blog. It's taken a while to get started, but he's made his first post. Stop by and say "hi" in his comments if you get a chance.

http://elvispaul.blogspot.com/

:)

TeddyG

The Other Shoe Will Fall!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.virginisrael.com
Jenna if it is okay with you...and Paul
I would be glad put his Blog up in the AW BlogRoll
which is at my blog Cobwebs Of The Mind
You can take a look at the AW BlogRolls by scrolling down....

I wont do a thing unless you say it is okay...

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
Putting him into my links of course :)

Plus I want green socks!

But do I really need to get over my dislike for Blogger and actually sign up to be able to comment :(

Last edited:

arrowqueen

RIP, our sarky besom
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
His blog looks great, Jenna. Stuck in my tuppenceworth.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
JennaGlatzer said:
A while back, I talked about how Paul told me he wanted to be a writer, and I was looking for ideas for how to encourage him. You guys made the smart suggestion that he could have a blog. It's taken a while to get started, but he's made his first post. Stop by and say "hi" in his comments if you get a chance.

http://elvispaul.blogspot.com/

I totally misread the link and thought it said "EvilPaul" blogspot. Boy, I thought he was going to become a soul brother. :D

Last edited:

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
OMG he's so strong!!!!!!!! I'm seriously impressed at the weight he's lifting in the picture!!! I am buying green socks if they're the key to his power!!

moth

my own two hands
Registered
Reaction score
Ditto, I am so buying green socks. :D Thanks for the heads-up to his site, Jenna. Unfortunately I can't leave comments since I have no blogger account and don't really plan to have one...but maybe someday, who knows.

Anyway, a big high five to your brother! :Thumbs:

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Christine N. said:
D'ya think the socks have the same effect on writing?? I have to go shopping tomorrow and if it'll help get my butt writing like I used to, I'll hunt down those socks if it takes all day.
I don't think that will be necessary. Just soak a pair of white socks in lime-green coolaid and that should do the trick. :)

TemlynWriting

The Tony Award-winning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.temlynwriting.com
I LOVE green, so I love green socks. I have a pair of around-the-house fuzzy lime-green socks. Green socks rock! :e2woo:

P.S. Paul is a doll, Jenna. :)

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
SpookyWriter said:
I don't think that will be necessary. Just soak a pair of white socks in lime-green coolaid and that should do the trick. :)

And the joy of this is, if you start running down sometime in the early afternoon, you can suck on your socks for a pick-me-up.

I, too, will buy green socks. Only if they come in white, or black, however. :D

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
You guys are so cool.

I wrote to Paul to tell him to look at his comments because a bunch of people had responded. This is what he wrote back to me last night:

"What i think you are right hon, 13teen people responded. Wow. That's my kind of people. I could feel love with with passion in side of them soo much. What i think like they are proud of me & They said nice comment on you hon. Being smart person you are. To me you are already smart person i feel love with like alway's. Love paul"

By the way, the green sock thing: the reason why he said that he got them at the mall or "maybe my aunt made them for me" is that for a while, we couldn't find green socks ANYWHERE. I mean, we went to all the local stores and I spent hours and hours scouring the Internet for these bright green socks. So my aunt wound up dying white socks for him. Then we finally found a "supplier." (I don't even remember where.)

That's how they announce him at these Special Olympics events-- Pauly "Green Socks" Glatzer.

Last edited:

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
That's a nice blog.

Does he have internet access where he lives? Neither of the two nursing homes I volunteer at have internet access.

He writes well. "13teen" makes sense to me!

P.S........you'll have an easy time finding green socks if you go to a sports store or website that sells socks for teams that have to wear green - like "Fighting Irish."

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Hey Pam! Yep, he has Internet access. He lives with my parents. He works at the nursing home (in the cafeteria).

One of the wild things for us to see now is that Paul has learned to touch-type. Do you know how long it took me to do that?! He's good on the computer. Not very Internet-savvy, but good with e-mails and memory games and things.

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
One of the wild things for us to see now is that Paul has learned to touch-type. Do you know how long it took me to do that?! He's good on the computer. Not very Internet-savvy, but good with e-mails and memory games and things.

My husband still hunt and pecks, but he does it pretty fast! However, it's so loud - God forbid you are trying to sleep in the house.

Needless to say, he has his own computer ; with a few broken keys on the keyboard.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Hey, thanks for asking. :) He's doing really well. He's on pins and needles waiting for the results of Dancing with the Stars tonight (he's rooting for Emmitt because he doesn't like it that Mario broke the rules earlier in the show).

He's trying to lose some weight for his next powerlifting event, is working on his first novel about a boy who gets bullied in school, and is looking forward to being an uncle. :) He's been trying to prove to me that he'll be a great babysitter.

P.S. He loves getting comments on his blog... http://elvispaul.blogspot.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.