YA novel draft done! but not finished...

sharpierae

the UnID
Registered
Reaction score
I finished my second, page-one rewrite of my YA novel yesterday! woot-woot.

I don't know if this is the place to post this. It's a big accomplishment for me since it is my first YA novel, an ongoing project for the past 2 years. My boyfriend, who is in all respects very supportive, has been out of town (quiet apratment=distraction free writing environment) and I know he'll misunderstand my being "done" with this draft as my being "finished" with this novel. And then I'll have to say err.. well, no... I need to revise this and this and this...

But I know you all understand this milestone! Until the next one!
xxxrae

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
That's great, congrats. :) Put it away, start something else. Then when you have a clear head concerning your work, take it back out, revise the hell out of it and then submit :D

sharpierae

the UnID
Registered
Reaction score
thanks all!
and thanks, Snowflake. I'm resisting the itch to fix fix fix.

I used the residual endorphin rush to write a query letter for it today. So it knows that it's destined to go out into the world, but for now sleep...
xxxrae

moth

my own two hands
Registered
Reaction score
Yayyyyy! :D Congratulations! I just finished my YA ms in June (revising now) and so I know the wonderful feeling you're having right now! Good for you, and keep the momentum going. Don't stop now. :Thumbs: