Carnival Workers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
Got your attention? Good...

Seriously though...i'm working on a story that involves a Carnival/Fair...Anyway, I am wonderng what kind of hours they work? Do they work two different shifts? when do they get to eat, take a bathroom break? I want this to be as accurate as possible. Now if each amusement company has thier own set of rules, that's fine..

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Tish Davidson

Registered
Reaction score
I know that the people who work for Butler Amusements in those "skill" games like throwing darts or knocking down milk cans get a percentage of the daily take.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
This link may be of interest. Briefly mentions an average 80-hour work week and some of the unknown parts of the job as opposed to just "pushing a button."

http://www.winonapost.com/archive/www/062302/4news.html

Plus, this isn't a carnival obviously, but you can always see how Busch Gardens does it. You can search for park employment and if there are positions available you can read the profile.

Last edited:

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
The only carnival workers I ever encountered were the ones who came to town with the county fair and impregnated half the twelve year olds.

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
Katiemac...Thanks for the article...it sheds a great amount of light and helps me very much.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
My church runs an annual carnival. I can tell you that the workers are not the clean shaven, hard working, misunderstood bunch that article portrays. That seems an atypical carnival to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.