I wrote my 1,000 words for today. Did you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wrote my 1,000 words today, so NOW I can play.

Yep, the short story's moving along quite fine right now. It's currently at about 7,100 words, as opposed to 1,500 about a week ago.

So now I'm offically allowed to be here (even though I did sneak in for a little while earlier.). :hooray:

How about you? Did you write your 1,000 words today? Or did you just slack off and hang out on AW all day? ;)

Any slackers around here? Anybody?

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What's WriYe?

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
I'll admit that I didn't do 1000 words today, I was mainly editing other work. But the night is still young.

Rachael

**Engaged**
Registered
Reaction score
Website
girlsadvice.7.forumer.com
National Novel Writing Year. I didn't have the best experience with it... I wasn't really impressed with the moderators' methods of critiquing and wasn't comfortable learning how to critique from them. Also, I just had a hard time getting motivated with so much time in which to meet the goal, and yet if I had been trying to do anything but 100K I would have had a nervous breakdown. Unsurprisingly, my health and emotional issues flared up significantly while I was on WriYe.

scfirenice

professional multitasker
Registered
Reaction score
yeah right. Show off.
Carry10poundsoftwinsaroundandseehowmuchyouwrite....
I did edit at least that man y words though way more many than that.

drevil915

Registered
Reaction score
I wrote about 200 words today. I lost all motivation.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
I want to write later. I hope. The baby's got some issues and it's really hard to think and type with her. Poor thing. I feel for her because she just looks so miserable.

But if she settles in for the night, then yeah, I'm going to be typing.

Godfather

back door man
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Lessee... I did 3 poem critiques,
and wrote an extremely mediocre poem.

That's a good day for me,
hell, that would be a good week for me!

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I did manage a good 890. It's hard with this heat today, and my sister is having a migraine and I have to stop now and again, drive to the drug store, and pay outrageous prices for migraine shots.

I'll write another 800 tomorrow in the shade outside :)

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
I've written 1,687 words today, in only 20 minutes of writing. I plan to write at least 40 minutes, with a total word count of 3000+ words :D

Oh, and I did two SYW critiques. I'll do another one later this evening.

AnnMB

Living in a Dream World
Registered
Reaction score
Alan Yee said:
How about you? Did you write your 1,000 words today? Or did you just slack off and hang out on AW all day?

Neither. It's Saturday. It's July. I sat my butt on the beach all day, drank lots of, uh . . juice . . . and played frisbee with my kids. That's what summer Saturdays are for!:Sun:

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
It's really sad that few people posted on this thread. Why aren't all of you lazy writers writing??

1,567 words today. another 1,500 and 2 SYW critiques planned for today.

Anyone else??

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Do you realize how hard it is to write when you have to keep stopping to wipe the sweat from your fingers and keyboard??

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
MidnightMuse said:
Do you realize how hard it is to write when you have to keep stopping to wipe the sweat from your fingers and keyboard??
Weird. I keep on stopping to warm up my fingers. And they call THIS a summer???

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I expected everyone to jump all over this thread. I mean, since writers, by definition, actually write, I thought there would be more results from the people around here. Good for all of you who actually wrote something today, whether it was greater than or less than 1,000 words.

Raiyah

Shopaholic
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a total slacker. However I read ALOT today. Does that count?

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Jo Scott said:
BTW Alan, I seen a photo of the singer in your signature...bad way to die, she died in her pj's. I'm morbid too, sorry.

She was driving in her pj's? Good Lord.

She's one of my top three singers/rappers. Same with Aaliyah. I got hooked into their music because of the publicity they both got when they died. And they were both very young when it happened. Aaliyah was extremely young (22 years old, but already with 3 albums and several movie deals to her name) and Lisa/Left Eye was 30.

And it's amazing that both of these people who've passed on are two of the singers I admire most.

BardSkye

Barbershoppin' Harmony Whore
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Does logging a quarter's worth of receipts into my journal for the tax people count?

I've made some comments in various threads but actual writing, no. Probably not for the next week or so, as I have sketches to finish for work.

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Jo Scott said:
Alan, yes, its on a site called Dead Celebrity or something like that?...very morbid, Marilyn Monroe and I share a birthday June 1...mine is in 78 however. She didn't look at all like herself. I think I even read where people broke into the funeral home to have their way with her body...some people are sick.

That is sickening. There were millions of fans, fellow artists, and her TLC group members T-Boz and Chilli (at least I assume they were; they were like sisters for 10 years) at her funeral crying for her (everyone also cried when Aaliyah died), and it's terrible that some sick people have the guts to do that.

I can imagine how she looked. For the sake of everyone else, I won't go into more detail about her death. What I will say, however, is that she was the driver, she was the only one who was killed, and despite her horrific death, some of the other passengers have sued her estate, blaming her for the injuries they received during the accident.

I do admit that I like Aaliyah's music better than her movies. Because filming the "Rock the Boat" video was the last thing she was doing before she died, watching the video is undeniably creepy and still gives me goosebumps. I plan on taking a trip to the Bahamas one day (the islands are so beautiful anyway), perhaps see if I meet up with Zonk, and go to the spots where they shot the video and where the plane crashed. It may not be pretty to remember what happened there, but the sight-seeing places are gorgeous.

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Jo Scott said:

Oh dammit Jo, I'm not sure I really want to see a picture of Lisa/Left Eye's dead body. I would not be prepared to see that.

ETA: It appears that it isn't on that website anymore. Thank goodness.

Last edited:

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Jo Scott said:
I seen her photo however and it wasn't too bad, looked like she had a slight bump on the head, not all the gore you might think. That is prob. why it isn't there, not enough blood and guts galore...I had a friend die in a car accident just two months ago and I still cry.

I know he was tore up pretty bad, he was rebuilt just for us to see him. I won't get over his baby being there looking down at him (his son looked just like him) and I tear up when I pass the wreck site.

Yeah, it might not have been that gory. She died of head and neck trauma (which explains the bump on the head). She had lost control of the car and ended up in a roadside ravine in Honduras.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Meanwhile, back on the word count...

2200 today. The kids slept late. Some days, I have no writing time at all, but today was good.

Maryn, on permanent mom duty

Status
Not open for further replies.