Interview with James Rollins

Ordinary_Guy

Industrial Strength
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Linda Adams said:
A nice interview with thriller writer James Rollins...
Definitely worth the read.

The first part is about a recent book of his (makes me want to read it), the second part is a James Rollins FAQ which is a great read. One thing to entice you over to the article:
BookBrowse said:
Do you have a recurring detail that appears in your books?
I think one of the recurring themes in my novels is the exploration of how advancing technology effects us. Technology is not all cogs and wheels. There is a human cost to every bit of technology. It regularly tests society's moral compass. Is human cloning good or bad? What about stem cell research on aborted fetal tissue? What about the escalating realism of the violence in video games? Can and should we engineer our children in the womb? At every turn, in every facet, technology tests a society—morally, spiritually, and economically. And at the pace in which technology is leaping and bounding we are quickly outstripping our abilities to rein in our advancements or to adequately judge where these technologies will take us.

So what to we do? Where are we heading?

Such questions are wonderful fodder in the modern scientific adventure. Through the vehicle of the adventure story, I can explore not only the physical threat of unchecked advancements but also the spiritual and moral dangers. Because fundamentally, the true terror of technology is not the cogs and the wheels, but how it will change us.

And even more frightening . . . will we even have a voice in this evolution?
The questions range from how he celebrated his first book published to how he deals with writer's block. Check it out, folk!