Status
Not open for further replies.

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
Since I'm getting no reply on the Tech Forums because everyone seems to be hanging around here, I have a question.

When I try to put colors into my posts, I only get the tags showing that a color is supposed there.

Since when I crit in SYW I do it based on a color-code, that's a mayor pain in the a$$, and I really want to critique other people since school is over and I now have time to. How can I fix this problem??

Danger Jane

Registered
Reaction score
Are you using tags, or are you just clicking the color you want?

three seven

(Graeme Cameron)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
There are no tags in your post. Did you try and write your last reply in a different colour? If not, do so with the next one and show me how it comes out.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I ran a test the other day when you first mentioned it and it worked fine for me. It's something on your end (no pun intended).

test test test

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
Oh yeah, the posts appear in color but it's kind of annoying to have the tags there, it only get me confused when I try to critique.

I was wondering if I could put colors in my posts without the tags showing. I want it to be like before: that when I press green or whatever, my letters will look green instead of having the tabs.

Danger Jane

Registered
Reaction score
You click the button in the top left so that all you have to do is click the color. That should change the color of the font in your message (before you post it) without showing the tags. For just one section, highlight and select the color you want, just like in Word.

three seven

(Graeme Cameron)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Go to 'Edit Options' in your User CP and check that the Message Editor Interface field down at the bottom of the page is set to 'Enhanced'.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
three seven said:
Go to 'Edit Options' in your User CP and check that the Message Editor Interface field down at the bottom of the page is set to 'Enhanced'.
I see a hug from Dama in your future . . .

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
DamaNegra said:
Since I'm getting no reply on the Tech Forums because everyone seems to be hanging around here, I have a question.

When I try to put colors into my posts, I only get the tags showing that a color is supposed there.

Since when I crit in SYW I do it based on a color-code, that's a mayor pain in the a$$, and I really want to critique other people since school is over and I now have time to. How can I fix this problem??
Red, Blue, Green is this what you mean?

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
tests

Yup, with Firefox or IE, it doesn't work on the Mac. On the PC, you have to use the "Reply" button instead of the Quick Reply box, which gives you the [COLOR] code instead.

Now you can hug me.

ETA: and if you "Edit" the post, you get the codes... really weird. I think it's a bug in the vBulletin software.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Just testing. I have that prob. too. Thanks much, Three Seven & Ray. Didn't take, unfortunately...

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
maestrowork said:
tests

Yup, with Firefox or IE, it doesn't work on the Mac. On the PC, you have to use the "Reply" button instead of the Quick Reply box, which gives you the [COLOR] code instead.

Now you can hug me.

ETA: and if you "Edit" the post, you get the codes... really weird. I think it's a bug in the vBulletin software.
eeeewww....I ain't going to hug you until I've showered. Pfffttt...:tongue

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
maestrowork said:
[FONT = Arial Black][COLOR = DarkRed]tests

[ COLOR = Red]Yup, with Firefox or IE, it doesn't work on the Mac. On the PC, you have to use the "Reply" button instead of the Quick Reply box, which gives you the [COLOR] code instead.

Now you can hug me.

[ / COLOR][ / COLOR][ / FONT]

[ COLOR = "SeaGreen"]No, it is still not working, and I'm on a PC.[ / COLOR] This is the way I see everything when I try to write my posts.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
DamaNegra said:
[ COLOR = "SeaGreen"]No, it is still not working, and I'm on a PC.[ / COLOR] This is the way I see everything when I try to write my posts.

Then I don't know. I used Firefox and IE on the PC and they both worked well. You might want to see if you have ActiveX enabled -- I think vBulletin uses ActiveX controls. Other than that, it's a mystery.

Status
Not open for further replies.