• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Mentor needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I've decided to take the plunge and ask for a mentor to help me with my writing. I have published about 60 non-fiction (mainly sports) articles in magazines and local newspapers and written about a dozen short stories.

I am currently writing a fantasy novel based on Egyptian legends (the sun god - Ra, Osiris etc).

I am having some trouble trying to write in 3rd person pov, as the articles and short stories have mainly been in 1st person pov.

I would like someone who can read my work as I write it/or edit it, (I have written about 70,000 words so far) and offer me advice about where I am going wrong and suggestions on how to improve. I have a thick skin, but wouldn't mind some hand holding too.

Can anyone help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.