A Big Hug for Storygirl

Status
Not open for further replies.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The 20,000 soldiers of the 101st Airborne Division are coming home (to my hometown). One of them is storygirl's husband.

Storygirl has had to take care of the house, the kids, and everything else by herself while her husband was overseas.

A big hug from me.

Charles

Last edited:

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations to Storygirl ! And big hugs to the 101st Airborne Division :)

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
Being large armymen types, I won't hug the airborn division, but storygirl can have a hug. Yay for them coming back!

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Guess we won't be seeing Story for a while.........

WOOT! Have fun, chick!

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm happy for your, Story. Give your man a big thanks from all of us here.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
good news.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh wow!

Here's to you, storygirl! Have a whole BUNCH of hugs!!
:Hug2: :Hug2::Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2:

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Yay!!
What an exciting reunion. Hugs to Storygirl and much gratitude to her husband for his dedication.:Hug2:

Angela

Named For a Song...
Registered
Reaction score
WooHoo, Storygirl!!!! So glad to hear that he's coming home!!!

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad he's home safe and sound, and I mourn every one of them who isn't.

Serious hug for him (I'm not afraid! Ooh, muscles!) and for you, too. Then I'll be tiptoeing out to see to the kids while you two get reacquainted. We plan to go for a long walk well away from the house, to someplace where I'll read aloud for a few hours...

Maryn, relieved and happy in your behalf

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just to clarify . . . they are coming home. They aren't here yet. An advance team arrives Sunday according to The Tennessean newspaper to prepare for the arrival of the whole division.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
That's wonderful, Storygirl. So glad they're coming home! Big hug :Hug2: and thanks much to all of them!

TeddyG

The Other Shoe Will Fall!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.virginisrael.com
storygirl...
from one who has seen the depths and hell of war more than once and lived to tell about it...and from one who deeply respects you and your husband and all that you both have done for what you believe in...
i not only wish you everything that your heart desires, and that you and your husband never again have to live through the hell of war...
I truly wish for all of us that the scrouge of war be ended, and though that will not happen in our lifetimes, it is important, nay, it is critical to know that there are those that understand that sometimes despite our best intentions and desires, there comes a time when one must stand up for one's home, family, country and people...
May you be blessed with peace and love within your home

You have my deepest respect....

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, this is the first I've heard anything about it honestly.

Last time I talked to Hubby (three days ago) he said they'll be home in November, possibly the end of October, which would complete his year tour. He's been gone for about eight months now.

I HOPE it is true that they are coming home. But I am cautious not to raise my hopes too much. I read the article and it did mention the 4th brigade combat team as a fairly new part of the 101st, which my hubby is in, and I have all these dern skitters of excitement but I just don't want to think Hubby will be home by the end of September and then be completely depressed if I learned it was a mistake. I do know that his company will be one of the last to leave, but still home almost TWO MONTHS EARLY!!! Oh, that would be amazing. But for now, for my sanity's and heart's sake, I'm going to be a bit skeptical. Once they leave Iraq, they'll go to Kuwait for a month or so, and when that happens. I'll know he is close to coming home safe and sound. It would be so awesome to have him home early, have him be gone for 10 months instead of 12.

I'm going to forward the article to a few of the wives and see if they've heard anything about it, and if I have any new info in the next couple of days, I'll let y'all know. My Hubby is hush-hush about anything he considers op-sec, so maybe one of the other husbands is a blabber. :) One can only hope.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
As a little added note, your posts showing the gratitude, love, and support, not just for me, but for my amazing Hubby too, made me all choked up. I just love you AWers!

Status
Not open for further replies.