How do you critique a pregnant woman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Besides the critique I provided Sara tonight, I can't recall ever giving a critique to a woman expecting before. What do you say? :Shrug: "Uh, nice shoes lady."

"Excuse me, but that's my pickle you just grabbed."

"I think chocolate looks good on you. But the mustard is hiding your chin."

I need more practice incase I stumble across a pregnant woman in need of a quickie critique.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"Next time, fly Spooky!"

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Why are people always staring at my ticker?

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
Why is everyone suddenly having Tickers? Jenna, look what you've done! They're all tickering now!

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
I know. It's really odd. Deacon is counting down to ovulation.

Surely there's something you could count down to, Forbidden Snowflake... the first day of winter, perhaps?

(P.S. I purposely picked the thinnest, least obtrusive graphic I could find. And everyone else picked the gaudiest ones possible. I mean, for gosh sakes, Poet has a hula dancer with candy corns!)

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
JennaGlatzer said:
. . . for gosh sakes, Poet has a hula dancer with candy corns!

Okay, now I've got to go turn "show signatures" back on. Who wants to miss the chance to see that.

As for the original question, "You've got such a wonderful glow about you" works. From experience I know you SHOULD NOT use the word "waddle". Trust me.

ac

TeddyG

The Other Shoe Will Fall!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.virginisrael.com
too many peeps here are getting preggies...since I have six kids...I am going to be real careful about who I talk to or PM...AW seems to have some sort of preggie mystique

As to critique for Pregnant woman..
Here is my advice...

Whatever you say to a pregnant woman...You are gonna pay for it sooner or later....

That advice comes from a great deal of experience!

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
TeddyG said:
Whatever you say to a pregnant woman...You are gonna pay for it sooner or later....

This should probably be, "Whatever you say to a woman . . . you are gonna pay for it sooner or later . . ."

Women have memories longer than elephants.

TeddyG

The Other Shoe Will Fall!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.virginisrael.com
rolling here...but I was NOT doing the shotgun thing...
Aruna invited me...and she was wearing this great dress that when she sat showed off her legs...what am I to do? I am male after all...
Besides these ticker things are driving me batty...
that is why I told Aruna to come pick me up and we should hit the town..and thus she was overcome with lusting thoughts...cause I couldn't look at another ticker that are profilerating here like rabbits

illiterwrite

Registered
Reaction score
Whatever you say to a pregnant woman, please DON'T say any of the following:

1. Boy, you're huge! Are you sure you're not having twins?
2. How many chins do you have now?
3. Are you sure you NEED that extra helping?
4. Boy, you're huge!
5. What happened to your feet?

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Spook, I think you were quite objective. Thanks.

My favorite comment this entire time is "Wow, you've hardly gained any weight at all." One of my Dad's friends said to me the other day "Boy, you're still big." (as in, you're still pregnant.) And I said "And you're still an azzhole." OK, I didn't. I actually bit my tongue and said "And you're still tactful."

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
HOw to crit a pregnant woman: a) from very very far away if at all possible b) ambiguously so you can back out of anything you say that she doesn't like c) never with sarcasm. never. never. never. d) avoid any and all "body" comments. sometimes even the good things sound bad.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
KTC said:
Hoola dancers and candy corn go together like Thelma and Earl. There.
*sniff* Earl, put Tammy Wynette on the 8-track 'n git ovah heah. Dance wi' me, yew hunka man, yew!

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
Preggie writer critiques:

1) I can tell you put alot of yourself into that piece.

2) It's a little fat with adjectives.

3) Tighten up the middle part and it will be much smoother.

4) You're really taking the reader on an emotional roller-coaster.

5) Try to avoid using the word 'bastard' so much.

6) It started out light, but got unbearably heavy towards the end.

Rob :)

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Naw, ah got a carburettor from one o' th' pick-ups in th' front yard fer that. Look in th' icebox, next ta th' skunkbait. If it's not thar, jist tarn th' teevee on t'Hee Haw. Ah'm in a MOOD, Earl!

Angela

Named For a Song...
Registered
Reaction score
:e2point: :roll: Poet's too funny!!! (But that's not fair, because my accent sometimes gets that thick.......especially if I've been drinking!)

Critique a pregnant woman?? Seriously, I would have to see what kind of a mood they were in, but then again, when you're pregnant, the moods can change like lightning. I don't know if I would critique a pregnant woman. You don't know if you're going to royally P**s them off, send them into a deluge of tears, make them laugh hysterically because you THINK you know what you're talking about, or make them depressed and cause them to go off somewhere to sulk. Then again, they might be happy that you were honest and appreciate your advice!

I've been there..... In my saner moments I would feel sorry for my husband for having to put up with me, then just as quickly I would get ticked off at him because just what exactly did he want from me anyway?? LOL! Poor guy. Never knowing if he was coming home to Dr. Jekell or Mr. Hyde, the Seven Dwarfs, or Princess Diana.....

:e2shrug: Ah, well.....I'm moody anyway.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Angela said:
Critique a pregnant woman?? Seriously, I would have to see what kind of a mood they were in, but then again, when you're pregnant, the moods can change like lightning. :e2shrug: Ah, well.....I'm moody anyway.
They swing wildly from the left to right mood during contractions. "It's all your fault I'm fat, so if you don't like it then take a hike buddy!"

Status
Not open for further replies.