Yippee! My post count and rep points are back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah! Jenna apparently got my PM. I was briefly confused when my points went up from 92 (plus a new one from Jenna, to make 93) to 200 in less than an hour. That's when it occurred to me that those 107 rep points were the ones I had lost a few days ago. ;) While I'm disappointed that we can't get the rep comments back, it feels good to know that I didn't lose my rep point and post count numbers after all. :)

Oh yeah, and when someone told me through rp comment that I should ask Jenna to up my post count, I didn't think they were serious. I thought they were just saying that to make me feel better. And then yesterday I found the thread where Jenna and ChunkyC offered to do it for other people. :D

I'm satisfied now. Just wanted to share my relief and happiness with you guys.

So this means that Susie will be able to write a poem for my 1,000th post very soon. And now I have to make a thread to ask what I should do for my 1,000th post. ;)

ETA: And I'm happy to announce that I am now a glorious beacon light, and no longer a shiny, shiny jewel.

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Actually, the brief shutdown made me write a lot more. I've written over a thousand words for the past week. My story went from 1,500 to 6,100 words in a few days.

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This didn't improve my writing, but my writing has improved a lot from when I first joined AW.

Danger Jane

Registered
Reaction score
AW is a godsend, definitely.

Brief shutdowns make me depressed :( Good for you, Alan!

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Sadly, I believe without the wonderful comments from my fellow writers and friends, rep points alone seem somewhat hollow and meaningless.

I want to re-earn those rep points I lost so I can cherish each and everything comment.

And no, I am not trolling, thank you very much. :tongue

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I used the shutdown last weekend as an excuse to start writing more. I mean, since it wasn't completely shut down like in May, I decided to use the time to do something useful with my story. And since I wrote 1,808 words on Saturday, 1,174 on Sunday, and at least 1,000 every day up until today, I had a lot more story to work off of. And I got into the good habit of writing for several hours every day from then on.

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Shadow_Ferret said:
Sadly, I believe without the wonderful comments from my fellow writers and friends, rep points alone seem somewhat hollow and meaningless.

I want to re-earn those rep points I lost so I can cherish each and everything comment.

And no, I am not trolling, thank you very much. :tongue

I don't care about rep points themselves. The comments that came with them were what I was grieving for.

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I just kind of wanted to remember that I actually earned others besides those 93. I do remember most of those warm-and-fuzzy comments I got. I just don't get to re-read them.

tiny

riding the sun
Registered
Reaction score
Southern California between the Desert and the Mou
Website
www.facebook.com
No need to explain Alan. Seriously. You wanted them back, and yeah the comments missing is kinda sad, but the points take the edge off. I have several messages that are special that I would hate to lose. I reread them every once in a while and they remind me...

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not happy about having no comments with them. I just used those 107 extra to make me feel better after losing a bunch of them.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
That's okay, Alan. However, most people here lost many rep points during the shut down, and we lived with it. I won't tell you how many rep points I lost -- but to me, getting the "points" back is meaningless without getting the comments (and who gave them) back. Also, to me, putting your post count back to 988 when 105 were lost also seems rather meaningless. In fact, I think all these numbers are silly and why are we so obsessed with them? But if that makes you happy, that's okay. I am just saying... that seems a little self-obsessed to me.

I know Jenna and CC meant well, but it's still silly to me.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
You have 41 to go, then make sure you make your 500th again about whether or not you leave the door open or closed when you go to the bathroom when you're alone in the house.

I am a genius.

astonwest

2 WIP? A glutton for punishment
Registered
Reaction score
Website
astonwest.com
If anyone watches "Whose Line is it Anyway?" (the American version, at least), I liken the rep points here to the points they give out there...

Comments are nice, but after I've seen them once, that's the extent of the joy involved...

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
i know how you must be feeling right now, alan. i once got the empty envelopes of several letters to me that were lost in the mail.

i cherish them.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oscar Wilde: "I wish I'd said that, James!"

James A.M. Whistler: "You will, Oscar. You will."

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
That's why I didn't ask for my Rep Points back, because they're meaningless without the comments from AWers, so I'll just have to earn them back :)

But anyways, congrats Alan!!

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Actually, it was the post count I cared more about than the rep point count. Losing a bunch of comments did really suck, but I wanted the recognition for all the other posts I made that got erased. There's just a big difference between 89 posts (as of May 23 backup) and 906 posts (as of last weekend). I thought that the 817 I lost deserved to be acknowledged, despite their absence.

Yes, William, those points are the remnants of my lost comments. They're all that's left of them.

Dama, I felt that way because the ones I lost were actually 2/3 of all I had. That's what hurt.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
Yes, William, those points are the remnants of my lost comments. They're all that's left of them.

cling to them, alan. love them and know that they, in turn, love you.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
William Haskins said:
cling to them, alan. love them and know that they, in turn, love you.
I am finally starting to understand your humor. I almost liked it better when I had no clue what you were talking about. :tongue

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, um... it's now been, what, a week? two weeks? Let's all assume that we're all loved, say, 25% more than we can see, to compensate for the lost rep points.

Time's a-wasting. Are we going to continue grieving and coping about a few weeks lost, or can we start using today to write new things to remember tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.