• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

critique partner wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

rudy

Registered
Reaction score
I'm really looking for someone to give me deadlines, because I'm such a lazy writer.

Anyway, my WIP is sort of in the science fiction genre, but it might not look like it. So if you're looking for something that's immediately spaceships and whatnot, it might not be for you.

I'd be interested in other sci-fi, literary, detective, pulp, pop, and probably a few I'm forgetting. I don't like fantasy, women's, or YA.

It doesn't really matter the type of feedback you want to give me, but if you can't stand reading it, just let me know so we don't waste each other's time.

Edit: my e-mail address is casuistry at gmail . com

Last edited:

Cath

The mean one
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.cathsmith.net
I'm a great motivator if you can stand the sound of the whip cracking regularly (joking - honest!).

PM me if you think I can help.

Cath

ps. I give great critiques
pps. Modestly is not my strong point.

rudy

Registered
Reaction score
Right well if anyone wants to see an excerpt (the first chapter), just e-mail me. Again, I'm not really looking for fantasy stuff, which might be asking the impossible with this crowd.

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I suggest you read some of the Forums before making such statements, which strike me as a tad impolite.

rudy said:
Right well if anyone wants to see an excerpt (the first chapter), just e-mail me. Again, I'm not really looking for fantasy stuff, which might be asking the impossible with this crowd.

rudy

Registered
Reaction score
Well I'm quite sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No feelings hurt at all, Rudy. :Hug2:

It's just that this is a vast site, with many helpful and experienced folk capable of answering or helping out on virtually any topic one cares to come up with. Welcome and enjoy.

rudy said:
Well I'm quite sorry if I hurt your feelings.

rudy

Registered
Reaction score
okay, i'm slightly inebriated right now, so if you're easily offended, i'm sorry. yes i was impolite about the whole fantasy dig, and i was being sardonic in my response to bufty. i'm actually quite a softy, though. but anyway, i haven't gotten anyone who wants to be my critique partner. this is one last request for someone who doesn't mind having a critique partner who is a human being. anyone?

BarbaraSheridan

*insert catchy phrase here*
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbarasheridan.com
rudy said:
I'm really looking for someone to give me deadlines, because I'm such a lazy writer.

Maybe your lack of response has more to do with the above comment than anything. A critique partner doesn't want and shouldn't be expected to be "a mom" and have to tell you to get your homework--writing--done before they can give you their opinion on it.

rudy

Registered
Reaction score
no that's okay, i wasn't really playing for the gay dragon audience

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
Ooh, be wary of the territory you just tapped your foot against. It's full of land mines. Slight homosexual referrences are quite the controversy, and fantasy bashings-that-aren't might get the worst of you.

I would offer my help, but I've actually asked for a mentor myself in a seperate thread.

Good luck finding a partner! Keep your expectations open and plaster a smile on your face and you'll get just what you're looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.