PDA

View Full Version : critique partner wanted

rudy
07-06-2006, 06:44 PM
I'm really looking for someone to give me deadlines, because I'm such a lazy writer.

Anyway, my WIP is sort of in the science fiction genre, but it might not look like it. So if you're looking for something that's immediately spaceships and whatnot, it might not be for you.

I'd be interested in other sci-fi, literary, detective, pulp, pop, and probably a few I'm forgetting. I don't like fantasy, women's, or YA.

It doesn't really matter the type of feedback you want to give me, but if you can't stand reading it, just let me know so we don't waste each other's time.

Edit: my e-mail address is casuistry at gmail . com

Cath
07-06-2006, 06:53 PM
I'm a great motivator if you can stand the sound of the whip cracking regularly (joking - honest!).

PM me if you think I can help.

Cath

ps. I give great critiques
pps. Modestly is not my strong point.

rudy
07-06-2006, 11:12 PM
Right well if anyone wants to see an excerpt (the first chapter), just e-mail me. Again, I'm not really looking for fantasy stuff, which might be asking the impossible with this crowd.

Bufty
07-07-2006, 04:12 PM
I suggest you read some of the Forums before making such statements, which strike me as a tad impolite.

Right well if anyone wants to see an excerpt (the first chapter), just e-mail me. Again, I'm not really looking for fantasy stuff, which might be asking the impossible with this crowd.

rudy
07-10-2006, 04:14 PM
Well I'm quite sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Bufty
07-10-2006, 05:54 PM
No feelings hurt at all, Rudy. :Hug2:

It's just that this is a vast site, with many helpful and experienced folk capable of answering or helping out on virtually any topic one cares to come up with. Welcome and enjoy.

Well I'm quite sorry if I hurt your feelings.

rudy
07-12-2006, 10:00 PM
okay, i'm slightly inebriated right now, so if you're easily offended, i'm sorry. yes i was impolite about the whole fantasy dig, and i was being sardonic in my response to bufty. i'm actually quite a softy, though. but anyway, i haven't gotten anyone who wants to be my critique partner. this is one last request for someone who doesn't mind having a critique partner who is a human being. anyone?

BarbaraSheridan
07-12-2006, 10:37 PM
I'm really looking for someone to give me deadlines, because I'm such a lazy writer.

Maybe your lack of response has more to do with the above comment than anything. A critique partner doesn't want and shouldn't be expected to be "a mom" and have to tell you to get your homework--writing--done before they can give you their opinion on it.

rudy
07-12-2006, 11:16 PM
no that's okay, i wasn't really playing for the gay dragon audience

TsukiRyoko
07-13-2006, 07:46 PM
Ooh, be wary of the territory you just tapped your foot against. It's full of land mines. Slight homosexual referrences are quite the controversy, and fantasy bashings-that-aren't might get the worst of you.

I would offer my help, but I've actually asked for a mentor myself in a seperate thread.

Good luck finding a partner! Keep your expectations open and plaster a smile on your face and you'll get just what you're looking for.