Not open for further replies.

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
Let me tell you about my week

Firdst, my desktop crashed, and I barely managed to retrieve my stories AND the most updated copy ofmy nobvel, but lost all my wife's pictures, and quite a lot of music, movies, and informayion I didn' have nywhere else.

Then, today , I fractured my right wrist and hand, which was my main typing hand. I'm typing with my left hand onlyright now. Fortubately, I'm left handed, so I can still write longhand, but Gawd.....

Andspeaking of....God, I get it, allright? But nrext time you want my attention, please just boot me in the head.

Thankyew for lettig me whine. I will not be entirely absent from AW, but pretty darn close. Typing is possible, but not easy, or grammatically pretty. So, consider me on gentlew hiatus,,

(Spooky arranged this, so he could win the novel Deathmatch. I know it. Can the Mafia take care o f its own here or something/?)

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My sympathies, PeeDee - happend to me once. But I rather like this new grammar you've got going here . . . makes for an interesting character-dialogue!

scfirenice

professional multitasker
Registered
Reaction score
Mercury is in retrograde, now before you raise your pitchfork and (accurately) call me a Pagan, it is a cosmic event and alot of things are bound to go awry this week. For real. My computer crashed 3 times, AW crashed, and my cat died. Tell me it is coinkydink.

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
scfirenice said:
Mercury is in retrograde, now before you raise your pitchfork and (accurately) call me a Pagan, it is a cosmic event and alot of things are bound to go awry this week. For real. My computer crashed 3 times, AW crashed, and my cat died. Tell me it is coinkydink.

and I believe you because of my...

ADDENDUM: ..in which I've also just broken two plates and my favorite tea cup.

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
SpookyWriter said:
My what some people won't do to get out of a bet. :roll:

When you're coming down your front steps and younr underwear rips, you think of me, suir.

(gawd if I were a drinkin man) :)

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
PeeDee said:
When you're coming down your front steps and younr underwear rips, you think of me, suir.

(gawd if I were a drinkin man) :)
OMG! You're starting to talk like Haskins. Is there a leftist thingy going on I should know about?

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
maestrowork said:
That is true... my computer just crashed.
Oh yeah, Mr. George...

georgeh1.jpg

AdamH

Pumped Up Kicks
Registered
Reaction score
scfirenice said:

Need I remind you all of my horrible week which ultimately culminated into me having a race to finish a novel to avoid a tattoo? I think scfirenice has something here.

Hope you get better, Peedee! Remember, there are some things you can do as well with your left hand as you can do with your right. :e2headban

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, Pete. Some days life just sucks.

that's why I always work on a floppy. then I know it will not get lost.

Hope it's not too painful. Get well soon.

Terri

arrowqueen

RIP, our sarky besom
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Hope something nice happens to balance out the nasty stuff.

Chacounne

Registered
Reaction score
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Pete)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I'm so sorry you are going through such a rough time. Hopefully, tomorrow will bring a much better day.

Hugs,
Chac

moth

my own two hands
Registered
Reaction score
Ouch! Sorry to hear all of that! Hope you have a speedy recovery.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Hey guy, hope you get back to writing soon. We have a deadline approaching sooner and I'd hate to come in under the wire as a lame duck...best wishes!

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
PeeDee - if it's hard to type, can you dictate ?

I'm sure you've always had a secret desire to be a dictator.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
MidnightMuse said:

He's married and gave up his throne to the wife. :)

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
MidnightMuse said:

my are too tickertape hiss massage. thoo conpomuter taykes had dickertashun.

(seriously: I've never met a dictation program that works worth anything).

The good news is, my hand was not fractured. I'm not quite sure what it was. When the heavy load was dropped on it at a sideways angle (my hand at a sideways angle, not the heavy load), my hand made a horrific popping noise and pain ensued. Yesterday, my hand made another popping noise and the pain got worse. I was about to panic and go to the doctor, when I squeezed my hand into a fist, it made a gristly sort of noise, and then the pain went away. So whatever it was, I worked it out. Which is good, it means I can type again... :)

(my teacup, however, is still lost to the depths of Davy Jones' locker, alas, me hearties).

At any rate, rather anti-climatically, Pete back. At least until my leg falls off or something next week. :D

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
DragonDictate v8 coupled with a Sennheiser headset and a USB soundpod gives me fantastic accuracy. Search for the "knowbrainer phorum" to ask questions, particularly about the headset and soundpod. You'll need a fast computer. But it works, it really does.

(PS Sorry about your hand. Hope it gets better soon.)

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
Old Hack said:
DragonDictate v8 coupled with a Sennheiser headset and a USB soundpod gives me fantastic accuracy. Search for the "knowbrainer phorum" to ask questions, particularly about the headset and soundpod. You'll need a fast computer. But it works, it really does.

(PS Sorry about your hand. Hope it gets better soon.)

*writes it all down very dilligently*

THe other thing is, I can just imagine my wife coming into the computer room, and there I am standing up, headset on, going "He LEAPT from the train and onto the galloping horse with such speed that it seemed the wind itself picked him up and spirited him off. And though the bullets sailed round and hit teh dirt with little explosions of dust he -- Oh, hi honey, wait, stop...STOP DICTATING. I HATE YOU. ARGH!"

(the point being, I feel like a moron writing my story out loud. One of these days, though, if the ideas don't stop flooding in, I'm going to become like Rod Serling and have to dictate all my stuff just to keep up.)

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
maestrowork said:
PeeDee is happy again. A man's gotta have his hand...

I know! I can't surf the internet and.....

.....you know. Pick my nose or something. At the same time. With just one hand.......

*shuffles off*

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
PeeDee said:
I know! I can't surf the internet and.....

.....you know. Pick my nose or something. At the same time. With just one hand.......

*shuffles off*
What??? Invite a friend. Go to the second hand store and order the clapper. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.