Just for fun, a cach-dumping thread

three seven

(Graeme Cameron)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I think I see the problem here. Ctrl-V pastes what you've got on your clipboard, and mine is empty. It's Ctrl-F5 that dumps your cache. And the page refreshes. And that's it.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Ah, bad term--I'm just looking for clipboard contents--sometimes it's interesting. i had nothing before... let's check now:

...damn, still nothing.

Someone must have something here !

JanDarby

Registered
Reaction score
FWIW, I had some notes to myself for revisions:

Maybe go back and foreshadow this in the scene with Jeremy, where he's talking about the Community, hinting that he knows more about it than anyone else, and he based his own compound on what he knew about the Community, with his own improvements, of course.

JD

Popeyesays

Now departed. Rest in peace, Scott, from all of us
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
"there were only gringos in the room"

I remember this one--it was a Control-X command, I wanted to put this phrase at the beginning of the sentence instead of at the end.

Regards,
Scott

I you'd asked a little earlier it would have been the whole 85,000 words of Sword of the Dajjal, from a select all and paste in a new document.

Carisa

Registered
Reaction score
LMAO

Emily, I did that, and well... I can't post what came out of my ctrl-v.

In violation of the TOS.

Maybe another time, when I haven't been writing hot and heavy explicit sex scenes.

<>Carisa

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
(Explain them later--tie up all loose ends.)

Ha-ha. I was writing a how-to for an online acquaintance at another site who wants to try his hand at mystery and wondered if I had any tips. But that was hours ago!

Maryn, who'd hoped for something spicier or funnier

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
...Should of copied off of you.

Any of you uptight non cheaters want to give an opinion on this one yet?
Luckily, I was copying this into my reply.

Maryn, shuddering at "should of"

Carisa

Registered
Reaction score
"March 30, 2005

The Agent Company, Inc.
100 west 10th St., Suite 10
New York, NY 10023-4366

Dear Mr. Agent,

I found you agency listing at Publisher’s Market Place, and visited your web site. Both your agency and your web site have the professionalism I have found lacking elsewhere. drop in some praise about them (we all like some praise)(and it shows you did some research) At Publisher’s Market Place, I noted your sale of the novel "BREED", by Owl Goingback to Signet Books and thought you might be interested in representing my current work. compare your book to something they have already agented--again shows research and that you didn't pick them willy nilly Below, please find the details of my novel, "TITLE OF YOUR BOOK". If interested, sample chapters, detailed and expanded synopsis, or complete manuscript are ready to be printed and mailed. this says the book is done, the synop is done, anything they might need is done and is ready to send--shows you are a professional who knows the needs of an agent or publisher.

TITLE: YES, I use this--I put a heading in just like an outline, in fact the query is formatted like an outline--"YOUR BOOK TITLE"

PLOT: This is where you put that one line plot summary

GENRE: Novel, Native American Mysticism with time travel.

WORD COUNT: About 91,000 words---finished

EXTRA INFO: this is where you need those novels to compare it to, not published by an author reped by the agent The novel combines the feel of Orson Scott Card's "PAST WATCH" with a mix of William Sarabande's "THE FIRST AMERICANS SAGA"---with a twist of light horror.

DESCRIPTION/SHORT SYNOPSIS: this is where you put in that very short synop/blurb about the book, give away the end--yes give away the end, they want to know you can wrap up a good story.

AUTHOR BIO; PREVIOUS PUBLICATIONS: self explanatory--yes? If no previous publications, then list schooling, what have you, relevant to your novel.

CONTACT INFO: Include every way they can get ahold of you.

SASE enclosed or I can be reached at [email protected] (personal e-mail), or through Wild Child Magazine at [email protected], or at (111) 123-4567 (TX number)---any time, day or night. If the machine picks up, the greeting will say you have reached Written Solutions Inc., leave a message. I check my messages frequently throughout the day.

Thank you for your time and consideration,"

I was copying and pasting query letter advice from a bunch of sites (this was from AW) into a Word doc to print off :)

Carisa

Registered
Reaction score
"Gotta be happy with your work. If you're not, then your only options are to quit or shoot yourself, and quitting isn't always a viable option."

I was quoting someone from Literotica to my husband. I recently quit my job. We decided quitting, while not necessarily viable, was indeed preferrable.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"Mine were bloody, too. Unthinking, I'd wiped them on the linen dress."

(From the WIP)

JanDarby

Registered
Reaction score
My latest clipboard, since I can't seem to settle down to my next project quite yet:

"with reasonable advance notice to the Wife. The Husband shall give due consideration to the usual constraints of the child's school and after-school schedules. "

JD, who was working on legal stuff instead of fiction today.

Popeyesays

Now departed. Rest in peace, Scott, from all of us
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I actually liked the town better before the yuppies. Sure, it was busted flat and half the people lived on public assistance (the other half worked for the state department of human services and dealt out that assistance). The big copper mines finally stopped all but a little leaching operation in 1975. The miners couldn't believe that the mines would close, and the Phelps-Dodge Corporation couldn't believe that falling copper prices would ever support an operation there again. The corporation had the right of it. A lot of people moved on to other mining towns or other careers, and the 'bounce-back' of the hippie migration to California filled the little town with artists and artisans who were looked upon with suspicion by the old Bisbeeites. The town's population in 1975 was 25,000. In 1977, it had dropped to 8,000 before it started to grow again.

A description of Bisbee, Arizona part of the third Erica Steele story to eXtasy Press.

I lived there for five years between 1977 and 1982; great town, but real estate costs have soared entirely out of sight.

Regards,
Scott

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That is weird. Let's see what I've got today...

Dansko “Lolita” size 40

Haha. Guess who ordered shoes online after the local store only had my size in apple green.

Maryn, who at least got to try them on