Was Hitler secretly gay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Come one, with an outfit like this begs the question. Any scholars out there care to share some insights into this mystery?

hitler-lederhosen.jpg

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Looks like a typical summer outfit from the Land's End dictator collection...fashionable yet functional.

Blackheart

Hitler, Goering, Himmler...all closet gays.

One day we'll know for sure about Bush, Rove and Rumsfeld

Aconite

Registered
Reaction score
Blackheart said:
Hitler, Goering, Himmler...all closet gays.

One day we'll know for sure about Bush, Rove and Rumsfeld
Hey, now. Do not be trying to dump all the refuse in our camp.

maestrowork said:
All the children in the Sound of Music are gay. Just look at those curtain clothes they wore.
Oh, come on, Ray. What self-respecting lesbian would have worn those shoes?

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Innkeeper said:
On the otherhand ... in the picture you shared, Adolf Hitler looks as though he just walked off the set of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy ... so who's to say ...

:Shrug:

I guess it's true. You can judge a person by the clothes they wear?

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
PattiTheWicked said:
I'm pretty sure none of my gay friends would be caught dead in lederhosen.
That's why I wear it--gay or straight, I'm doing my damnedest to be immortal.

Maryn, who wishes it wasn't so freakin' hot

FatTire

Who?
Registered
Reaction score
He was a lot of other things to go along with gay. But I don't want to get banned for spelling them out.

badducky

No Time For Chitchat, Kemosabe.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jmmcdermott.blogspot.com
The word that makes me wonder is "secretly gay". Wasn't his bisexua/anysexuality kind of an open thing? I thought everyone knew he was sleeping with anything (and I mean ANYTHING) with legs?

Come on, he was a failed painter in Europe, at the turn of the century. You know... Europe... Vienna... 1900... Absinthe... Absinthe... Absinthe...

They made hippies look square.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
Innkeeper said:
On the otherhand ... in the picture you shared, Adolf Hitler looks as though he just walked off the set of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy ... so who's to say ...

:Shrug:

Shorts and a thick jacket? I don't think so. He could use a Queer Eye makeover.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Orlando Bloom would make a good Hilter. Just add a little mustache.

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
FatTire said:
He was a lot of other things to go along with gay. But I don't want to get banned for spelling them out.
We all know what he did. You wouldn't get banned for calling him a manipulator, a sicko, a psychopath, a mass murderer. Expect criticism, however, if you say those things "go along with" being gay.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
reph said:
We all know what he did. You wouldn't get banned for calling him a manipulator, a sicko, a psychopath, a mass murderer. Expect criticism, however, if you say those things "go along with" being gay.
Ah the trouble maker in the crowd. Please don't include words into the mouths of innocent babes. Ill advised, at best...:)

Last edited:

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
well, i hate to break up the little party here by getting serious, and i guess i should go ahead and state explicitly that i'm not defending hitler in any way. as for his specific case, i have never seen any direct evidence that he was a homosexual. if anyone has any documentation, i'd be interested in seeing it.

there's a lot of evidence that there was homosexuality within the nazi ranks, but i reckon there's homosexuality among any group, political or otherwise. but i've personally never seen any accounts of hitler being gay.

that said, that's not really even the point of my post. i guess i would just like to caution people to think about what they're doing when they engage in such speculation. not because it might hurt that person, if they are indeed even alive, but because it's an implicit insult to gay people when society uses rumor or speculation to attempt to "out" someone as a way of humiliating them.

oddly enough, in my experience, it happens more often on the left than the right. one could argue, rightly so, that homosexuality is far more tolerated among progressives so there's not much scandal-mileage in calling a liberal gay.

but, especially when visiting left-leaning blogs and message boards where dozens, sometimes hundreds, are obsessed with rush limbaugh or karl rove being gay, or ann coulter being a tranny, i find myself wondering what gay or transexual people think when they read supposedly open-minded people using homosexuality to demonize and humiliate political enemies—as if there's something inherently wrong with it.

anyway, back to hitler, i have no doubt that rumors of hitler's homosexuality have been partially (and perhaps largely) fueled by people who see it as a propaganda angle to diminish his stature in the eyes of hetero, testosterone-driven youths who might admire him.

i'm all for fewer nazis in the world, but it does become a "does the end justify the means" question and brings up issues as to how long homosexuality will be a scarlet letter with which to brand people we don't like.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
William Haskins said:
anyway, back to hitler, i have no doubt that rumors of hitler's homosexuality have been partially (and perhaps largely) fueled by people who see it as a propaganda angle to diminish his stature in the eyes of hetero, testosterone-driven youths who might admire him.

i'm all for fewer nazis in the world, but it does become a "does the end justify the means" question and brings up issues as to how long homosexuality will be a scarlet letter with which to brand people we don't like.

No argument from me, except to ad that some of the fascination must also be due to Hitler's policies against homosexuals. Likewise, there are questions about his possible Jewish heritage, despite his attempts to exterminate them. People are always looking for reasons to explain why Hitler did what he did. Self loathing is one possible answer.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Mr. Haskins,

I enjoyed reading your thoughts because they were candid, a little off the mark this time, but in theory what you said about the stigma attached to one person of a sexual orientation may be slanted or biased to harm the reputation of an individual in some cases is true, I'm sure.

Albeit, I am sure Hitler's reputation is intact, but I don't see the correlation with the original question and your rebuttal.

Sometimes curiosity will get the better of reason and a person will ask questions because they don't know the answer. Might it be that upon seeing the clothing and posture one might make assumptions? I don't believe anyone here was gay bashing or making slide remarks toward someone's lifestyle.

However, Mr. Innkeeper was so kind to post a quick reply which was interesting and I followed up on it. I also stated that "You can't judge a person by their clothes."

I don't believe people here are insensitive or purposely try to demean religion, creed, race or sexual orientation. Believe it or not, Irishmen were the butt of many jokes for a long time in American history (still are from what I've read here lately) but I don't get defensive and write long essays about the contributions Irish descendant made to this country.

Maybe I should? No ethnic jokes either. No jokes about politicians or religious figures. No remarks about individuals with weight issues or skinny people. Do not comment on the conflict in Iraq because brave soldiers are fighting and dying for our freedom. Forget anything to do with Bush or Cheny because they represent the free world.

My point is that harmless questions and jest are not meant to disparage people, so we should have a little latitude without the left or right jumping out and demanding beheading!

What????

P.S. I should mention I only refer to this forum and not other sites where extreme behavior exist.

Last edited:

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
William Haskins said:
but, especially when visiting left-leaning blogs and message boards where dozens, sometimes hundreds, are obsessed with rush limbaugh or karl rove being gay, or ann coulter being a tranny, i find myself wondering what gay or transexual people think when they read supposedly open-minded people using homosexuality to demonize and humiliate political enemies—as if there's something inherently wrong with it.
I don't think they are intending to use the issue to demonize enemies, per se. The implication is always one of self-hatred: the object of ridicule is supposedly shown to be exactly wht he/she despises. Too many kids taking Psych 101 in college these days...

Of course, if you carry that argument forward, it makes people who utilize such into the very archetype conservative they so desperately want to believe exists--i.e., a mean-spirited bastard who will do anything to get on top or stay on top and for whom 'truth' is a four letter word.

Ahhhhhhh...that felt good. It was like a political enema. Thanks William!

Rob

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
William Haskins said:
get off your cross, spooky. i don't care if you call hitler a fag.
I wasn't on a cross, sir. Your message was just too deep for me today. Sorry, but is it possible for you to summarize the message for us other folks like you did with the reply to me. Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.