we have launch!

Nancy

Masquerading as normal...
Registered
Reaction score
After a horrific thunderstorm last night, my husband noticed that there were only 3 eggs in the killdeer nest in our driveway. We were bummed until he just noticed a baby running around near mom!! What a goofy little guy. Looking forward to the other 3.

Of course it's even harder to get out of the driveway in the car now with the parents performing their wounded acts and the baby scooting by.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I assed to have an annual sandpiper problem. Three miles from the sea but they thought our gravel driveway was a great 'beach'. I was constantly afraid of a cat getting the baby and got a bit sick of the peep peep peep from the parents sitting on top of a nearby roof while the baby did its very best to get run over. but it was worth it so see the little darlin's

Nancy

Registered
Reaction score
Today we have 3 babes and mom is still sitting on the last egg.

I doubt if I'm going to get much done today.......;)

Nancy

Registered
Reaction score
I thought of that, Anne. My husband tried to take some pix, but we don't want to intrude too much on the happy family.

Plus, I have to listen to him complain about not having a digital SLR camera..........

But I am observing through binocs and taking notes.

awatkins

Not harboring illegal parrot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Aren't they the cutest little things? I saw my first baby killdeer a couple of months ago and couldn't believe my eyes. Just teensy puffs of feathers running around on their itty bitty stilt-y legs. ;)

Enjoy!

Nancy

Registered
Reaction score
The parents and all four babies just made the big trek through the yard away from the nest.

What a treat it's been to watch for the last month or so!