PDA

View Full Version : Need quotes from teens who've tried alternative medicine

blueplume
07-04-2006, 03:25 AM
Hi, I am a freelance health writer. I'm writing an article on alternative medicine for teens and need to get some quotes from people aged 9 - 17 who have tried alternative therapies. Are there any teens out there who have tried acupuncture? or any other kind of alternative therapy (reiki, naturopathy, qi gong, homeopathy, meditation, etc.)? I would really appreciate a short quote from you about what you thought about the treatment. Thanks! Bee

Rachael
07-09-2006, 12:38 AM
Don't know if you still need anything, but here's my experience:

I tried Dong Quai for a couple of weeks to try to treat hormonal problems I was having (I made someone cry two weeks before I turned 17 and had severe problems twice a month, like clockwork, for the next six months). I had a hard time taking two large pills three times a day, the 'emergency solution' burned my mouth, and I saw no results, despite being told I would see dramatic improvement in my mood within a few days. I ended up going on the birth control pill a few weeks later and have been very happy with that. My mood swings now are still really hard, but I can function with them now.

Sorry, I guess that wasn't all that short! :(