PDA

View Full Version : Publishing flash fiction

Patch17
08-14-2019, 02:53 AM
Hello all
Can anyone recommend any good places to seek to have flash fiction pieces published, online or otherwise?
I'm really looking to 'test' my flash fiction i suppose, to find out if others find what i write to be any good - any other advice in this regard would be very much appreciated!
Cheers

cmhbob
08-14-2019, 06:01 AM
If you've got your website up and running, that would be the perfect place, because you control it. You could make it a Patreon offering if you wanted, or offer them up as exclusives to your newsletter subscribers.

Wattpad wouldn't be a terrible place either.

Elle.
08-14-2019, 04:07 PM
There are loads of online magazines that published flash fictions, depending on places between 300 to 1000 words. A lot of them have a submission page on submittable so it's a good place to start. You can do a search for "flash fiction". Others at the top of my head that are not on submittable:

Barren Magazine, Spelk Fiction, Fictive Dreams, Fiction Pool, TSS Publishing, Jellyfish Review, etc...

Also there are quite a few running flash fiction competitions such as Bath Flash Faction Award, Reflex Fiction quarterly competitions.

It also means that you can have a read of their back issues or previous winning stories to see what kind of flash fiction they are after.

Good luck!