RIP Polly the cat.

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
My mom's cat , Polly died today. But I felt like it was my cat too, and The Second Moon's (we're identical twins). We just buried her in the backyard. The worst part was seeing my Mom carry her corpse, wrapped in her favorite blanket to the grave my dad dug. She was holding Polly like she did every night when Polly would demand a hug up until her final days. That's how we knew she was dying.

I remember getting her as a kitten. She was a mean kitten, but overtime she became sweet and I wasn't afraid of her. I loved her so much and it hurts so bad. I just wish time would stop moments before her death. I hate this. I really do. She was the best cat. :cry:

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
The secret's out. Starrystorm and I are twins. And yes, I miss Polly, too. I broke down when my mom sobbed on my shoulder. :cry:

R.I.P Polly
Always Loved

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So sorry about Polly. Wishing you both, and your Mom, all the love and comfort there is.

And now I know why I often confused the two of you! There's a similar quality to your voices, even online, although what you write about is different.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry :cry: It doesn't necessarily make it easier, but just remember how lucky she was to have the love both of you gave her her whole life.

The secret's out. Starrystorm and I are twins. And yes, I miss Polly, too.

I had wondered about this. :)

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
I am very sorry to hear about Polly. Mittens is getting on, and I know it will be hard when she is gone. :hug:

The secret's out. Starrystorm and I are twins. And yes, I miss Polly, too. I broke down when my mom sobbed on my shoulder. :cry:

Now I'm wondering if I am the only person who has been confusing you two. I keep thinking you have the same avatar (you don't) and the same screen name (you don't.) Reading the responses--looks like several of us thought you were similar, heh.

Last edited:

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you all. Polly was much loved and won't be forgotten.

On the other hand, I've had the same avatar for a year and was thinking of changing it yesterday. I just couldn't find a good picture.

I might experiment a bit.

Kat M

Ooh, look! String!
Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: One for each, and one for Mum.

:Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2: It's going to take more than one hug.

It's a rough process. Everyone's different with what they need. For my aunt it was printing and framing pictures of the previous cat, spending a good long time in the memory book, then getting a new kitty ASAP. For you it could well be different. Proceed with love and only take the advice that suits your family (including this very sentence, heh).

Count me in as someone who considered you very similar and is very satisfied with the real-world explanation why. How lucky you are to share a common interest!

Oh, and you probably still need these:
:Hug2: :Hug2: :Hug2:

kikazaru

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so sorry for your pain.

When we get our furry companions we already know that there will be an end to our time together, yet even knowing that there will be pain, we need to have them in our lives.

Mourn Polly for as long as you need to, and then perhaps there will be a new friend who needs your love in the future.

Hugs to you, from one who has been there too many times. :Hug2:

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Poor kitty. It's sad. :Hug2:

I kept mixing you two up as well. I'd have to double check the avatars to make sure there were two people.

Last edited:

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Awww, I'm so sorry for your family's loss. ((((hugs))))

-Riv-

The much appreciated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:cry: I'm so sorry for the loss of your kitty. Your beloved Polly was so lucky to have you, your sister and your mom as her life companions.
:e2grouphu

Norman Mjadwesch

vacuous eyes, will bark at shadows
Registered
Reaction score
There are so many pet obituaries on AW and all of them are awful in their own way. Having pets is one of the greatest things in life and losing them is one of the most painful. I’m sorry that your family is experiencing this right now.

FWIW, you’d mentioned once that you knew one another IRL, which explained why you tag-teamed so often on the boards. Like others here have said, I also used to get you both mixed up and had to read your sig lines to keep track of who was who. I think it’s really cool that you’re twins and that you share writing as an interest.

Starrystorm, I used to like that your avatar was similar to The Second Moon’s. It helped me to connect the two of you even though it was always confusing.

Coddiwomple

shipwrecked in antiquity
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Second Moon and Starrystorm,

I’m so sorry for your loss. The description of holding Polly hit home for me. I held my husband’s cat in my arms as my husband dug a grave, tears streaming down his face. It’s so hard. We take them into our lives, knowing we’ll most likely outlive them. That knowledge doesn’t lessen the pain.

I’ve also often confused you, but I’ve always been glad you’re both here.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
:Hug2: to you both. It's so very hard. It's been almost 3 years since we lost our last one, and it's still a punch in the gut. We love our new babies, but they don't replace each other.

talktidy

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, it's horrible when one loses a pet.

I adopted my mum's cat, when my mother went into residential care. Pws is round about age 20 now and starting to look her age. At some point I am going to lose her and am dreading it, even though she's had a long life and been loved from the point my mum took her in.

When it came to final rites for the cats, my late partner would bury them with either a tin of tuna, or a sachet of cat food between their paws.

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
(((*hugs*))) I'm so sorry for your losses. You were blessed to know her, and she to know you.

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2::Hug2::Hug2::Hug2::Hug2::Hug2::Hug2::Hug2::Hug2::Hug2:
I should not be reading this at work. I'm so sorry to hear Polly is gone, but glad to know that she was so well loved. If it helps, at some point, maybe not now, she will always be part of you and the memories you hold will comfort.

Give yourselves as much time as you need to grieve. The grief doesn't get easier, but it does change form and that, in itself, will help. :Hug2::Hug2::Hug2::Hug2::Hug2::Hug2::Hug2::Hug2::Hug2::Hug2:

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2:for you

:Hug2:Moon

:Hug2:for your mum

:Hug2:for dear little Polly. She's lucky she had you all.

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Awww noes. It's SO hard to lose an animal. I've lost many and it still hurts, every time.

:Hug2::Hug2::Hug2: