Reaction score
< deleted >

< deleted >

Last edited:

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Not sure what words you could use to describe it, but he would probably feel very calm, centered, at peace, etc.

Jed.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I read quite a bit about Zen a few years ago. I may be wrong, but I think of Zen as the Japanese modification of earlier Chinese ideas (Tao?).

I'll give it a little thought and repost if I think I have any ideas for a first-person description of what he might experience.

ac

sharra

Registered
Reaction score
hyper-reality

It might be something similiar to utilizing healing - speaking personally, it's a combination of detachment and this very, very intense rush. Hyper-reality is probably the best cliche I could use. Everything physical seems to slow; you are absolutely aware of the movement of blood through your veins and your own breathing. At the same time, it feels like your mind is cycling at twice the speed of light, and everything makes sense.
Not sure if that helps, or if it is quite what you are looking for..

Steve W

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I'd also consider extreme mental clarity.

Maybe seeing the world as if it was moving in slow motion.

Feeling a sense of one-ness with all things.

Cheers,
Steve

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
It's a state of complete freedom from thought.... but the mind is not a blank, but pure, clear energy, blissful, exhilerating, and utterly focussed.

I don't know specifically about flying through the air or all that, but a bit about sword fighting. There's a greta book - unfortunately only in German - called Wunderbare Katze which would be helpful to you to read.

Though all these cultures use different terms to describe it - qi, chi, prana etc - they all refer to the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.