A Shout-out for Shweta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know how many of you know Shweta. She hangs out more in the sci/fi-fantasy areas and the novel forum. She's in chat a lot, too, and she is a fount of information. I've been reading from her personally-recommended reading list, and I've had some great reading experiences, as a result.

She's a wonderful gal, lemme tell you.

When AW was down the first time, she spent hours of time with Google-caching and recruited her husband and her husband's friend to help. I think she even worked around the clock, some.

This time around, she missed going to Conzilla so she could work at picking up cached files yet again and reposting them.

Her posts are intelligent and always aimed at giving knowledge to the AW community.

Shweta, thank you, thank you, thank you!:Hug2:

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I think Shweta is cool. We need people here with a good sense of humor and witty conversations. :welcome: ....and thanks!

Tilly

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you Schweta, for all your hard work. :Sun:

Jenan Mac

The Deadliest Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
Shwebb said:
When AW was down the first time, she spent hours of time with Google-caching and recruited her husband and her husband's friend to help. I think she even worked around the clock, some.

This time around, she missed going to Conzilla so she could work at picking up cached files yet again and reposting them.

Merci beaucoup, Shweta!

Shweta

Sick and absent
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shwetanarayan.org
Thanks, nice people, who commented here or on posts I grabbed from cache :)
And, thanks hugely, Shwebb.
This community means a lot to me and I'm happy to help out where possible, whether people comment or not, but, y'know, when I've been up till 6am grabbing stuff from cache, even if it was my own decision and nobody asked me to do it, it is nice to know that it does matter to people.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Shweta said:
Thanks, nice people, who commented here or on posts I grabbed from cache :)
And, thanks hugely, Shwebb.
This community means a lot to me and I'm happy to help out where possible, whether people comment or not, but, y'know, when I've been up till 6am grabbing stuff from cache, even if it was my own decision and nobody asked me to do it, it is nice to know that it does matter to people.
But can you cook? :D

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
My God, shweta, thank you so much. I hadn't realized how much you were doing this time around, though I knew how hard you worked on this the first time!

Shweta

Sick and absent
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shwetanarayan.org
Spooky: Not as well as my husband :D

Jenna: I figured had other things on your mind, lady mommy-to-be! (I'm following that thread avidly, with nothing at all to contribute).
Anyway, aw. thank you. I've only resurrected about 6 threads. It's just a bit slow. And, I'm amazed you're here as much as you are :)

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a big Shweta fan, too. Thanks for everything! I've thanked you in PM's, I've thanked you with rep points, but here's a public thank you!

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you Shweta!:Hug2:

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for everything, Shweta. It was a pleasure getting to know you in the chatroom, and then heading over to the Genre forums to read your posts. She has all the information you could ever ask for.

Do you guys realize that this woman stayed up 'till 8 am the other day to rescue cached threads, and didn't wake up until around 4 pm? Even when she woke up and got back into the chatroom, she was still busy as a beaver saving all those threads.

Because of Shweta, I started visiting my own genres' forum (SF/F) more often. And she is quite knowledgable about fantasy books, fantasy writing, fantasy everything. Her posts in the SF/F forum are priceless. If you're an SF/F author, please read her posts.

So yeah, Shweta's cool. :) And surprisingly, she's still a somewhat new member, signed up shortly before the Shutdown, but she writes like she's been here for ages. Shweta. Is. Awesome.

Shweta

Sick and absent
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shwetanarayan.org
You people are so nice! Now I have a big smile on my face :)

And, heading outdoors to read georgette heyer. That's my idea of a great way to spend the day. Yesyes.

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
There has got to be an ulterior motive for Shwebb starting this thread. I will get unto the bottom of this thing!

(Okay, okay, you're a gem, Shweta. Never leave.)

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
I think there is a ShwMob. This is a Shwcode from the Shwmob to its Shwmembers.

Shweta

Sick and absent
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shwetanarayan.org
Shwebb knew I was down so she started a thread to get my spirits up. That's all :innocent look:

(Shwebb, now they'll never figure out our dastardly plan!)

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
reph said:
Umm – could it be the Shw- connection?
Shweta and I have figured out we are Shwiamese twins. :)

Alan is right, Shweta is an amazing person; I've come to know her in chat--something I probably wouldn't have done were it not for the AW shutdown. So, it hasn't been all bad!

And, Shweta, it's not because you were feeling a little down, it's because you deserve a great, good pat on the back for all you've done for AW.

Status
Not open for further replies.