• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Blurb Writer

Sherrie Cronin

imagining doing the impossible
Registered
Reaction score
Website
46ascending.org
I've found an online site called Blurb Writer. It offers affordable blurb writing help, with testimonials, but no person's name or background info is given which makes me suspicious. One testimonial names Kat Sheridan. My research showed she is the author of a book called "Blurb Your Novel: How to Write Book Descriptions for Fiction," which does make sense.
I tried searching this forum for her and found nothing. The site's generic name "Blurb Writer" brings up hundreds of unrelated entries. Please help.
If this Blurb Writer site is discussed anywhere in this forum, would someone please point me in the right direction?
If it isn't, has anyone used them and if so, what do you think?

Gillhoughly

Grumpy writer and editor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Getting blitzed at Gillhoughly's Reef, Haleakaloha
I've no work for them, but then I took over writing my own blurbs because none of my publishers ever got them right. The "voice" was wrong, they'd drop spoilers, or write down to the readers.

I'd put a blurb in when I turned in the book and expect the editors accepted them so it was one less thing to do.

It's not that hard to figure out, just read blurbs on other books and channel those, but perhaps some writers are unable to take a step back to make a sale pitch to their readers.

Before handing over ANY money, I would track down and read every blurb on every single book they list. See if they have more than indie published writers. Do they have any sales? Numbers of reviews? Have you heard of their publishers?

They claim to have worked with NYT bestsellers -- what names? I was once at a signing and saw Mia Farrow walk past, but it doesn't mean I ever worked with her. :)

Last edited: