• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publisher] Uproar Books

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
Just got a #PitDark tweet favourited by Uproar Books. They seem pretty new.

As far as I can see they've only got three books in the works, one represented by Marisa Corvisiero. They say on the front page they're covering all costs for a percentage of royalties and never expect anything up front. Looking at the website it really seems they're saying all the right words. Authors can buy out their contract, no sales within 6 months means all rights revert to the author etc.

Of course there's all the usual pitfalls with a new publisher and the primary there has zero experience in the publishing industry prior to this endeavour.

I think I'll take a pass on their submission request for now, even if only so I can tell agents honestly I haven't submitted the manuscript to any publishers, but since they're not up here yet I thought I'd get the ball rolling.

Anyone have any inside info on them?

Madame Medusa

Registered
Reaction score

Madame Medusa

Registered
Reaction score
A-ha! Dug a little further and found this: "Because Uproar Books is a new company, the first five (5) authors selected for publication will receive a $1,000 advance." They've already got 3 of those five, btw. Also sounds like they are specifically seeking series. FWIW