• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Gargoyle Publications

folclor

Left-Handed Writing Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.angrypossumpublishing.xyz
My brother sent me a link to a short story "job" posting by the editor of this Gargoyle ...publishing? I don't know, it just says, "Gargoyle." It's based out of Vancouver but most things about it make me not want to trust it. I'll post a link to the job listing as well.

Thoughts?

Website

Posting

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
My brother sent me a link to a short story "job" posting by the editor of this Gargoyle ...publishing? I don't know, it just says, "Gargoyle." It's based out of Vancouver but most things about it make me not want to trust it. I'll post a link to the job listing as well.

Thoughts?

Website

Posting
http://gargoyle.pub/home/

It's Gargoyle Publications, and it seems ... odd. A labour of love, a hobby, whatever, it appears to be primarily a one-man show, and he's an author, as well.
Read 'Meet the Editor'. It seems to be a snapshot of what you'll be dealing with.
On the other hand, he appears to be willing to pay $500 for writing something. No idea what he's like to work with, or what he's looking for, but he's apparently tried similar ideas before.
And, he has no address, so I suppose all communications will be by e-mail or phone.
Google maps shows no address at all.

shadowsminder

writing in the shadows
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowsinmind.carrd.co
My gut feeling from looking up this editor on social media is that he's honest but disconnected from much of the publishing world. (Isn't that strange for a writer in Vancouver?) Typos on the Gargoyle Open Submissions page aren't encouraging.

However, I'm not seeing to make me overly wary of querying. For the job, maybe reply and let us know how it goes? I might respond to the general call.