PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm writing a fictional story with organized crime and a part that takes place during the 60's a

Shadow555
05-15-2019, 11:20 AM
During the 60's, did any Japanese organized crime ever go to Los Angeles? I can't seem to find any info on it. Was it in the early 60's? Mid to late 60's? And while in the States did they ever do any business with the Italian Mafia? Even though it's fiction and I can just make it up, I rather have it legit so no one says 'that could've never happened since they were never there at the time".
Thank you for the help from anyone.

BlackKnight1974
05-15-2019, 11:36 AM
This should probably be in the "Research" forum...

Anyway, I've done a bit of research and some people seem to think that the Yakuza were in the US in the 60s:

The Yakuza arrived with the very first Japanese immigrants. However they had two main eras of flooding into the USA:1920s and the 50s. The 60s through the 80s was a major expansion for them into the states as well.

https://www.quora.com/When-did-the-yakuza-come-to-America

"Yakuza" relates to be individuals and gangs, so it depends what connection/business you are thinking of - however, if they were in the US, then it seems likely they would have dealings with the Italian Mafia.

Hope this helps.

Shadow555
05-15-2019, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

AW Admin
05-15-2019, 09:14 PM
We have an entire forum just for research-related questions; I'm going to move this thread from Basic Writing Questions to Research.