• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[YADS] TaleFlick

TrueIndigo

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone have any experiences (good or bad) of lodging their book with Taleflick, who have been advertising on FaceBook lately? This is a portal for authors to make their book visible to film/TV producers, for possible adaptation opportunities. The service costs $88 per book per year. I'm always a bit cynical about these sort of services, but was wondering if anyone on here has actually registered with them. The website is here:

https://taleflick.com/

Gillhoughly

Grumpy writer and editor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Getting blitzed at Gillhoughly's Reef, Haleakaloha
Run. Away.

Any place that wants a writer's money is not a friend.

I wonder how they settled on the sum of 88 bucks for their ridiculous display service.

Consider that 100s of thousands of books are published each year, including indie titles, and only about 200 movies are made (including indie titles).

Real production companies will not bother with a pissant operation like this, but go through channels using sources they trust.

Publish America tried this display crap years ago: pay in money and they will bring your book "to the attention of" J.K. Rowling. That attention was the book's title (and 100s of others) listed in an email or something equally stupid. She wasn't even at that book festival.

Beware of this place's trick of posting stuff on films you know. The idea is to make people think they were involved with that project. In the fine print it has a message about "success stories to inspire you!" Total ripoff for the unwary.

Be wary, be paranoid, be cynical, and never pay anyone so much as a dime.

Last edited:

TrueIndigo

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies; chimes with my own thoughts about such services.